You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Thursday, February 14, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] 260LA will host a J Brand sample sale from February 13-17 in their Beverly Hills location.
2. [11 a.m.] Art Los Angeles Contemporary comes to Barker Hangar in Santa Monica February 13-17.
3. [6 p.m.] Grand Park Lovers Rock on Valentine’s Day comes to Downtown L.A. for a romantic evening under the stars featuring various Dub Club DJs spinning laid-back reggae tracks, a complimentary photo booth, and arts and craft activities. Tables for two will be set up around the fountain and throughout Olive Court. The park will be illuminated with string lights. Attendees are encouraged to bring a picnic for the occasion. FREE
4. [7:30 p.m.] Disco Dining Club delights Angelenos with lavish, decadent, themed dinners that repeat the mantra, “consume everything.” For Valentines Day they’ve partnered with The Grim Wreather, for a themed event that revolves around the myth of Cupid and Psyche.
5. [7:30 p.m.] Cinespia’s True Romance Valentines Party comes to the Los Angeles Theatre in Downtown L.A. for a special screening of the high-voltage, action-packed, pulp-romance film starring Patricia Arquette and Christian Slater. A stocked bar, DJ tunes and more will also be part of the event.
6. [8 p.m.] Metro Art presents Union Station Kind of Love an evening of throwback music including doo-wop and soul music plus a Supremes-style dance follow-along. Doors open at 7:30 p.m. FREE
7. [8 p.m.] Lucha VaVOOM’s 2019 Valentine’s Show returns to the Mayan Theater in Downtown Los Angeles February 13-14 for an action-packed variety show where there will be Mexican masked wrestling, burlesque and comedy all in one majestic space.
8. [various] Severance Wine Bar wants to celebrate your single status during their BREAKUP BAR POPUP. Taking place next door to the bar, the two week long party will transport guest into an anti-Valentine’s Day world with break up appropriate movie screenings, a Wall of Broken Relationships, loads of champagne, cocktails and food. Running Tuesday through Saturday till February 14.
9. [various] The Pan African Film Festival (PAFF) returns to Los Angeles February 7-18. Now in its 27th year, the 12-day festival is the largest black film festival in America.
10. [various] Looking to celebrate V-Day unconventionally? Check out our list of 14 Unusual, Offbeat & Fun Things to Do For Valentine’s Day in L.A. (Whether You’re Single or Not!)
#SPONSORED DEAL OF THE DAY: $20 tix to Valentine’s Day Magic at Magicopolis (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar