You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Saturday, February 16, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [7:30 a.m.] The Chinatown Firecracker Run/Walk and Bike Ride happening February 16-17 will have participants and attendees scouring the streets and hills of Chinatown and Elysian Park celebrating the Year of the Boar.
2. [9 a.m.] Queen Mary’s ScotsFestival & International Highland Games returns February 16-17 with an array of authentic Scottish activities, athletics, dancing, entertainment, drinks and cuisine.
3. [10 a.m.] The Los Angeles Travel & Adventure Show comes to the Los Angeles Convention Center February 16 – 17 for an opportunity for Angelenos to explore endless vacation options from over 350+ destinations from around the world. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
4. [11 a.m.] The San Gabriel Lunar New Year Festival taking place in the San Gabriel Mission District will feature a street food fair, a marketplace, carnival games, a chalk art contest, live music, and a kids’ zone. FREE
5. [11 a.m.] Art Los Angeles Contemporary comes to Barker Hangar in Santa Monica February 13-17.
6. [noon] stARTup Art Fair comes to Kinney Venice Beach hotel February 15 – 17 for an art exhibition that bypasses the traditional gallery system by featuring 60 artists works inside individual hotel rooms. Tonight’s opening celebration starts at 7 p.m.
7. [noon] SPRING/BREAK Art Show will head to Los Angeles from February 15 – 17 with its first-ever exhibition outside the New York Metropolitan area.
8. [3 p.m.] This Saturday come to Hauser & Wirth Los Angeles for the public opening of ‘Annie Leibovitz. The Early Years, 1970 – 1983: Archive Project No. 1,’ an extension of the 2017 survey of the same title presented by the LUMA Foundation at the festival Rencontres d’Arles, France. FREE
9. [8:30 p.m.] All Visual LA heads to Union Station for a digital slideshow spectacular featuring snapshots of architecture, street life and other public spaces. Happening from 8:30 to 9:30 p.m. at the station’s ticketing hall. FREE
10. [various] Frieze Los Angeles comes to Paramount Pictures Studios in Hollywood February 15-17 to showcase 70 contemporary art galleries from Los Angeles and all across the world.
#SPONSORED DEAL OF THE DAY: $8 tix to the PartyWith experience (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar