You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Sunday, February 17, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [7:30 a.m.] The Chinatown Firecracker Run/Walk and Bike Ride happening February 16-17 will have participants and attendees scouring the streets and hills of Chinatown and Elysian Park celebrating the Year of the Boar.
2. [9 a.m.] Queen Mary’s ScotsFestival & International Highland Games returns February 16-17 with an array of authentic Scottish activities, athletics, dancing, entertainment, drinks and cuisine.
3. [10 a.m.] The Los Angeles Travel & Adventure Show comes to the Los Angeles Convention Center February 16 – 17 for an opportunity for Angelenos to explore endless vacation options from over 350+ destinations from around the world. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
4. [11 a.m.] Walt Disney’s Carolwood Barn is open to the public on the third Sunday of each month (weather permitting) from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. The museum houses Walt Disney’s personal artifacts including work benches, tools and items that showcase his love of trains. FREE
5. [11 a.m.] Art Los Angeles Contemporary comes to Barker Hangar in Santa Monica February 13-17.
6. [noon] stARTup Art Fair comes to Kinney Venice Beach hotel February 15 – 17 for an art exhibition that bypasses the traditional gallery system by featuring 60 artists works inside individual hotel rooms. Tonight’s opening celebration starts at 7 p.m.
7. [noon] Angel City Brewery’s festival for the lovelorn, the Broken Hearts Circus, returns to Downtown Los Angeles for a lively post Valentine’s Day bash. Enjoy stilt walkers, snake charmers, roaming magicians, wire walking, music performances, food vendors, live comedy and more. FREE
8. [2 p.m.] The Grove and The Original Farmers Market will host a Lunar New Year celebration on Sunday unveiling a handmade pig statue in honor of the zodiac symbol, followed by a Kung Fu demonstration, a magic show, acrobatics performances, traditional lion and dragon dances, and a live performance from singer Katherine Ho (known for Crazy Rich Asians).
9. [7 p.m. ] Latin Jazz Sunday kicks off at The Autry Museum in Griffith Park this Sunday at 7 p.m. with live music from the UCLA Latin Jazz Ensemble. In addition to the performance, the Autry offers access to select galleries and light refreshments from the cash bar.
10. [various] Frieze Los Angeles comes to Paramount Pictures Studios in Hollywood February 15-17 to showcase 70 contemporary art galleries from Los Angeles and all across the world.
#SPONSORED DEAL OF THE DAY: $8 tix to the PartyWith experience (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar