You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Monday, February 18, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] President’s Day Organ Festival in Palos Verdes / Redondo Beach.
2. [10 a.m.] The Petersen Automotive Museum will host a parade featuring iconic Hollywood cars and the museums 25 years in business.
3. [11 a.m.] Los Angeles County Museum of Art is free on President’s Day. There’s also a free concert from 12:30 to 1:15 p.m. at the L.A. Times Central Court with rock band WYO. FREE
4. [1 p.m.] Celebrate this holiday at the President’s Day Penny Carnival happening in Santa Fe Springs. Folks can enjoy penny games and $3 eats.
5. [2 p.m.] Trejo’s Coffee & Donuts will celebrate the launch of two new items, the Trejo Coneado a donut cone filled with soft serve and Popped Donut an OG donut filled with soft serve. The first 100 customers will receive their choice of Trejo Coneado or Popped Donut for free between 2 to 4 p.m. Limit one per customer. No purchase necessary.
6. [7 p.m.] CatVideoFest 2019 at the Landmark Theatre.
7. [9 p.m. ] The Business LA is a free comedy show at Little Joy featuring some of the best local comics in town. FREE
8. [various] The Pan African Film Festival (PAFF) returns to Los Angeles February 7-18. Now in its 27th year, the 12-day festival is the largest black film festival in America.
9. [various] Palm Springs Modernism Week returns February 14-24 to celebrate all things midcentury modern including architecture, art, interior landscape design and vintage culture.
10. [various] Dreamscape Immersive, the latest contender in location-based virtual reality, has opened in the Westfield Century City mall with three unique adventures that include an alien zoo, a deep ocean dive and an action packed adventure to find a powerful jewel. Open seven days a week.
#SPONSORED DEAL OF THE DAY: $8 tix to the PartyWith experience (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar