You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Sunday, February 2, 2020.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [8 a.m.] Bird enthusiasts can spend the morning at the Sepulveda Basin Wildlife Reserve with Kris Ohlenkamp a biologist and birder extraordinaire. Kris has led this First Sunday walk for a very long time so you’ll get plenty of great insights into the many wild life that live in the area. FREE
2. [9 a.m.] The Pickwick Vintage Show comes to Burbank this Sunday featuring over 70 exhibitors from across Southern California with one-of-a-kind vintage clothing, jewelry, and accessories, textiles and more.
3. [10 a.m.] Celebrate the Lunar New Year at The Huntington during their two-day festival. Guests will enjoy cultural entertainment like lion dancers, martial arts, Chinese music and dance. There will be children’s activities, and Chinese New Year dining specials.
4. [10 a.m.] Smorgasburg LAs third annual Super Vegan Sunday returns this Sunday. transforming its food market into a vegan food haven.
5. [10:45 a.m.] Yoga at Angel City Brewery welcomes all levels of experience with a donation of $15-20 that includes a free drink at the end.
6. [11 a.m.] Photo LA. brings a four-day celebration of photography and how it fits within the realm of fine art to the Barker Hangar in Santa Monica. The event runs through Feb. 2. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
7. [12:30 p.m.] The Wallis Annenberg PetSpace invites you and your pup to Super Pup Sunday a viewing party for the Puppy Bowl with complimentary food and refreshments. FREE
8. [5:30 p.m.] Heidi Duckler Dance presents a free performance this Sunday titled One Leg at a Time Exhibition at Track 16 Gallery. FREE
9. [various] The 4th Annual Oscar Film Week returns to Culina at the Four Seasons Hotel in Beverly Hills February 1-8 with a meal and screening of all nine “Best Picture” Oscar nominated films in 2020.
10. [various] Need somewhere to watch the big game today? We Like L.A. co-founder Christina Champlin has a few ideas we’ve listed below:
- At Big Wangs, The Thirsty Merchant and El Tejano they’ll have over 100 HDTV’s combined scattered through all their locations. Each location will offer buffalo wings deals with 50 piece for $65 dollars and a mega 100 piece for $125. Big Wangs and El Tejano will also feature a $2 deal for your second drink or a double up on the initial drink. All three locations will host fourth quarter giveaways.
- Hank’s in Pacific Village will host an AYCE and drink Super Bowl Extravaganza that includes Nashville Hot Chicken Bites, Fried Chicken Wings, BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches, Burgers & Fries, Buffalo Cauliflower and Greek Salad. Pair the feast with pitchers of beer, carafes of wine, margaritas and more. The event cost $65 a head and includes a game pool and prizes for winners.
- Ma’am Sir in Silver Lake will offer their regular happy hour menu from 3:30pm until the game ends. This includes $7 select beers, $9 cocktails and $7-$8 bar snacks. Guests come dressed in 49’s gear will receive a free draft beer curtesy of Chef Charles Olalia (it’s his favorite team.) Those with a big appetite can partake in the endless lumpia (three types) and longganisa slider bar for $35 per person.
- Boomtown Brewery will have the game on a projection screen in their taproom with comfy couches to kick back in. Beer specials will be flowing all day. Food vendors include Highland Hickory serving up BBQ and Poutine Brothers will offer up a plethora of smothered fries.
- Hotel Shangri-La located in Santa Monica will host a poolside feast with a big screen TV with the game on. The entrance fee is $55 a person and includes a BBQ combo platter (sliders, chicken wings, nachos and two beers). You can keep the beer flowing with a bucket of four assorted beers for $20.
- Modern Mexican hotspot Toca Madera in West Hollywood will host a Super Bowl viewing party with special one-off game day bites including Wagyu Burgers and Chicken Floutas with vegan habanero crema alongside bukets of beer and large-format craft cocktail pitchers.
#SPONSORED DEAL OF THE DAY: $20 tix to the LA Cookie Con (via Goldstar)
The Best Things to do in L.A., straight to your inbox! Sign Up For Our Email List And You Receive...
- Two emails a week, Monday AM and Thursday AM.
- Monday: The best of the week ahead. 30+ ideas.
- Thursday: What to do this weekend. 30+ ideas.
- Occasional emails with special offers and messages from promotional parters.
- Optional emails for daily to-dos, travel tips, food recommendations, and deals.Basically, just think of us as your friend making some fun suggestions for what you might like to check out this day or week or month in L.A. Sign-up in the form below to join over 66,000 Angelenos who already subscribe!