You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Monday, February 3, 2020.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [2 p.m.] Wes Anderson’s Moonrise Kingdom will be shown in 35mm at The New Beverly Cinema as a Monday Matinee.
2. [6:30 p.m.] The Sidewalk Astronomers returns to the Central Library in Burbank on Monday night with telescopes outside the library for the public to get a close-up look at the moon and other visible planets. They’ll also stop by with the same set-up on Tuesday at the Buena Vista Library. FREE
3. [7 p.m.] Jazz Eclectic Night at Riviera 31 inside the Sofitel Beverly Hills Hotel. FREE
4. [7 p.m.] KCRW Presents Tycho at The Wiltern.
5. [7 p.m.] Dry River Brewing hosts Beer Lab an interactive, sensory tour with head brewer Garrett Margolis educating the public on a variety of brewing practices. Garrett will be pulling samples from different aging process of Dry River beers, and opening bottles that are not available to the public. Small paired bites are also available during the tour. Your ticket includes tastings, the tour and one full pour.
6. [8 p.m.] Greg Proops brings The Smartest Man In The World podcast to the Dynasty Typewriter for a live recording.
7. [8 p.m.] Pub Quiz at The Fox and Hounds in Studio City.
8. [9 p.m.] Motown On Mondays LA at The Short Stop in Echo Park with special guest RY TOAST. FREE
9. [various] The 4th Annual Oscar Film Week returns to Culina at the Four Seasons Hotel in Beverly Hills February 1-8 with a meal and screening of all nine “Best Picture” Oscar nominated films in 2020.
10. [various] Love & Salt in Manhattan Beach will launch a guest chef dinner series. Kicking off their inaugural dinner they welcome Nancy Silverton to collaborate alongside chef Chris Feldmeier and chef de cuisine Tracey Harada both have cooked for Nancy for years at Osteria Mozza. The dinner will be a four course feast of the chefs’ favorite Mozza dishes with multiple selections available for each course. The dinner takes place Monday and Tuesday with a cost of $85 per person. Wine pairings available for an extra fee.
The Best Things to do in L.A., straight to your inbox! Sign Up For Our Email List And You Receive...
- Two emails a week, Monday AM and Thursday AM.
- Monday: The best of the week ahead. 30+ ideas.
- Thursday: What to do this weekend. 30+ ideas.
- Occasional emails with special offers and messages from promotional parters.
- Optional emails for daily to-dos, travel tips, food recommendations, and deals.Basically, just think of us as your friend making some fun suggestions for what you might like to check out this day or week or month in L.A. Sign-up in the form below to join over 66,000 Angelenos who already subscribe!