You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Tuesday, February 20, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [7 p.m.] Planet of the Apes: Double Feature at the Ray Stark Theatre hosted by USC Visions and Voices.
2. [7 p.m.] Down some tacos, drink some locally brewed beers and test your trivia skills this Tuesday during Tacos & Trivia night at Angel City Brewery in DTLA.
3. [7:30 p.m.] UCLA Free Film: The Young Karl Marx (Pre-Release) at the James Bridges Theater.
4. [7:30 p.m.] The Moth storytelling competition at Los Globos. Tonight’s theme: Secrets.
5. [8:30 p.m.] This Tuesday, two UCB shows join forces and combine into one. Catharsis: Dramatic Improv and Copycat will merge to form CopyCatharsis. For one night only see a dramatic improv set and a funny improv set re-tell the same stories through their eyes.
6. [8 p.m.] Girlpool with The Hotelier and Special Explosion at Echoplex.
7. [9 p.m.] Pub trivia at the Big Foot Lodge West.
8. [various] The world’s first premium cinematic VR chair, Voyager will screen three critically acclaimed short films at the Ace Hotel Downtown Los Angeles from February 19-25. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
10. [various] Palm Springs Modernism Week continues February 15-25 to celebrate all things midcentury modern including architecture, art, interior landscape design and vintage culture.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $4.75 tix to Alice’s Spring Wonderland at the Pico Playhouse
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.