You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday, February 21, 2020.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] ban.do’s warehouse sale is back Feb. 19-23 with up to 80% on apparel, stationery, drinkware and more. This time the sale will be held at the 260 Sample Sale Beverly Hills location.
2. [11 a.m.] Abilities Expo happening February 21-23 is an expo for the disability community featuring new technology, new products and high impact workshops.
3. [7 p.m.] La Plaza de Cultura y Artes celebrates El día de la lengua maternal (Mother Language Day) through a unique panel highlighting the resilience of indigenous community through language and identity. Panelists will discuss the future of indigenous languages and the challenged to language revitalization. Free to attend. FREE
4. [7:30 & 9:30 p.m.] The Groundlings recently debuted an extra rowdy all-new sketch comedy from the Main Company called Bar Fight. The show runs every Friday and Saturday.
5. [8 p.m.] The Chocolate and Art Show brings together two nights of art, live music, live entertainment and of course large amounts of free chocolate. The event takes place on February 21-22.
6. [8 p.m.] The Wallis has an experimental adaptation of Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein with performances on select dates through March 1.
7. [8 p.m.] Dan Savage’s HUMP! Film Festival returns on select dates from February 20-29. The nationwide festival showcases five-minute sex-positive ‘dirty movies’ on the big screen of The Downtown Independent in celebration of creative sexual expression.
8. [9 p.m.] The 7th annual Dre Day Los Angeles is this Friday and the Echo + Echoplex. DJs will be spinning everything Dr. Dre-related from classics, album cuts and anything ever produced by Dr. Dre.
9. [midnight] Cine Insomnia at Landmark’s Nuart Theatre will host a midnight screening of Who Framed Rodger Rabbit this Friday.
10. [various] The Pan African Film Festival (PAFF) returns to Los Angeles February 11-23. Now in its 28th year, the festival is the largest black film festival in America.
#SPONSORED DEAL OF THE DAY: $2.50 tix to the Long Beach Crawfish Festival (via Goldstar)