You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Thursday, February 22, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] QuiltCon 2018 takes over the Pasadena Convention Center from February 22-25 to see over 550 modern quilts on display, shop from specialty vendors and attend workshops and lectures led by experts.
2. [5 p.m.] Female Founders Panel at the USC Annenberg School for Communication and Journalism
3. [5:30 p.m.] South Pasadena #BikeThursdays. FREE
4. [7:30 p.m.] Laemmle NoHo 7 and Eat|See|Hear return with Throwback Thursdays with a special theme titled “Highly Curated” a series of films with a 420 theme. This week they’ll screen Half Baked. (DISCOUNTED) via Goldstar
5. [7:30 p.m.] From Selma to Today: Lessons from Leaders of the Civil Rights Movement is a panel discussion with four fascinating thought leaders taking place at The Skirball this Thursday. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase . DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
6. [various] It’s National Margarita Day! Check out our roundup of where to get a margarita in L.A. to celebrate.
7. [various] Dan Savage’s Hump Film Festival at the Downtown Independent.
8. [various] Free admission at: Japanese American National Museum (from 5 to 8 p.m.), MOCA Grand & MOCA Geffen (from 5 to 8 p.m.), Skirball Cultural Center (noon to 5 p.m.) and Long Beach Museum of Art (3 to 8 p.m.)
9. [various] The world’s first premium cinematic VR chair, Voyager will screen three critically acclaimed short films at the Ace Hotel Downtown Los Angeles from February 19-25. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
10. [various] Palm Springs Modernism Week continues February 15-25 to celebrate all things midcentury modern including architecture, art, interior landscape design and vintage culture.
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.