You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday, February 23, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] QuiltCon 2018 takes over the Pasadena Convention Center from February 22-25 to see over 550 modern quilts on display, shop from specialty vendors and attend workshops and lectures led by experts.
2. [6 p.m.] 4th Fridays on 4th Street activates the “Retro Row” business district in Long Beach on the fourth Friday of every month from 6 to 9 p.m. through extended hours, dining specials, discounted merchandise, pop up shops, art shows, live music, double decker bus rides and more.
3. [6 p.m.] Cocktails in Historic Places at Taix in Echo Park, presented by Art Deco Society of Los Angeles.
4. [7 p.m.] The Urban Chuck Wagon: 100 Years of Food Truck Fare is a new tasting event coming to The Autry this Friday. Come sample dishes representing a century of food trucks and discover the historic flavors of items such as tamales and oyster cocktails, then experience the modern versions of food cart cuisine from contemporary chefs.
5. [7 p.m.] Caltech Astronomy presents a free stargazing and panel event focused on The Milky Way’s crash course with Andromeda. No reservations are needed, the lecture is 30 minutes long and stargazing lasts 90 minutes. FREE
6. [7 p.m.] Visit Angel City Brewery for a free live taping of the popular podcast Go Fact Yourself quizzes comedians, actors and musicians about topics they claim expertise in. If they slip up, real experts on hand share the actual facts.
7. [7 p.m.] Head to The Madelin Garden in Pasadena for high tea and a performance of Oscar Wilde’s The Importance of Being Earnest. Happening Friday through Sunday. (DISCOUNTED) via Goldstar
8. [various] The Landmark Regent presents two screenings of The Room with Tommy Wiseau in person this Friday.
9. [various] The world’s first premium cinematic VR chair, Voyager will screen three critically acclaimed short films at the Ace Hotel Downtown Los Angeles from February 19-25. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
10. [various] Palm Springs Modernism Week continues February 15-25 to celebrate all things midcentury modern including architecture, art, interior landscape design and vintage culture.
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.