You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Saturday February 23, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] Coffee & Donut Festival So Cal takes over the National Orange Show (NOS) Event Center with a fried, sugary and doughy day paired with coffee, Bloody Mary’s and Mimosas.
2. [9 a.m. ] The 4th Annual SoCal Retro Gaming Expo happening February 23-24 at the Pasadena Convention Center is an all-ages event featuring retro games, toys, merchandise, and much more.
3. [9 a.m.] The 8th Annual Whittier Area Classic Car Show will feature live music, vendors, food trucks, games, dragsters and some of the coolest cars you’ll see in SoCal. FREE
4. [10 a.m.] It’s Bob Baker Day at Los Angeles Historic Park. The day pays homage to the famed puppeteer with a carnival like event featuring live music, entertainment, puppet-making workshops, round-the-clock puppet shows, a pop-up puppet museum and lots more. FREE
5. [11 a.m.] Abilities Expo happening February 22-24 is an expo for the disability community featuring new technology, new products and high impact workshops.
6. [noon] The Santa Monica Wine Fest comes to Barker Hangar for two days of wine tasting from a diverse group of wineries from around the world. The event will also offer complementary masterclasses.
7. [5 p.m.] Pasadena’s Norton Simon Museum of Art hosts A Night in Focus inspired by the piece Lady in White and the exhibition Once Upon a Tapestry: Woven Tales of Helen and Dido. Live music in the galleries, a weaving demonstration by tapestry weaver Yadin Larochette, art-making activities and Italian-themed food and wine are just a few of the things happening that evening. Party admission is free with the purchase of museum admission.
8. [6 p.m.] There’s a Black History Month African Dance Showcase happening at the California African American Museum this Saturday.
9. [7 p.m.] The Chocolate and Art Show Los Angeles returns to The Vortex for two nights (Friday and Saturday) of art, live body painting, vendors, live music, face-painting, and free chocolate.
10. [7 p.m.] Corey Helford Gallery will host a reception for their latest group show Psychedelia this Saturday from 7 to 11 p.m. Over 40 artist re interpret the drug induced period of art that defined the culture of that time. FREE
#SPONSORED DEAL OF THE DAY: $55 tix to the Santa Monica Wine Fest (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar