You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday February 22, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] 260LA will host a Herschel sample sale from February 19-24 in their Beverly Hills location.
2. [11 a.m.] Head to Hauser & Wirth Los Angeles to check out ‘Annie Leibovitz. The Early Years, 1970 – 1983: Archive Project No. 1,’ an extension of the 2017 survey of the same title presented by the LUMA Foundation at the festival Rencontres d’Arles, France. The exhibition features more than 4,000 photographs taken between 1970 and 1983, spanning the artist’s early photojournalistic work for Rolling Stone Magazine to some of her most iconic portraits. ‘The Early Years’ will remain on view through April 14, 2019. FREE
3. [11 a.m.] Abilities Expo happening February 22-24 is an expo for the disability community featuring new technology, new products and high impact workshops.
4. [4 p.m.] An installation created by design firm and technology studio VT Pro Design gets a West Coast debut at ROW DTLA. Telestron is two large-scale robotic conductors creating geometric shades through light and shadows all around guests in a seven minute light show. Open to the public through the end of March. FREE
5. [6 p.m. ] 4th Fridays on 4th Street activates the “Retro Road” business district in Long Beach on the fourth Friday of every month from 6 to 10 p.m. through extended hours, dining specials, discounted merchandise, pop up shops, art shows, live music, double decker bus rides and more.
6. [7 p.m.] The Chocolate and Art Show Los Angeles returns to The Vortex for two nights (Friday and Saturday) of art, live body painting, vendors, live music, face-painting, and free chocolate.
7. [8 p.m.] TheLAnd Issue 1 Release Party + Fundraiser at Echoplex featuring live sets from Open Mike Eagle, Brandon Coleman , Baths and more.
8. [8 p.m.] Catch a performance of Lights Out: Nat “King” Cole at the Geffen Playhouse.
9. [various] The 3rd Annual Oscar Film Week returns to Culina at the Four Seasons Hotel in Beverly Hills February 19 – 23 with a meal and screening of all eight “Best Picture” Oscar nominated films in 2019.
10. [various] Palm Springs Modernism Week returns February 14-24 to celebrate all things midcentury modern including architecture, art, interior landscape design and vintage culture.
#SPONSORED DEAL OF THE DAY: $8 tix to the PartyWith experience (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar