You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday, February 28, 2020.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] 260LA will host a Ulla Johnson sample sale from February 26 through March 1 in their Beverly Hills location.
5. [10 a.m.] FIDM Museum presents their annual “Art of Motion Picture Costume Design” exhibition from February 4 to March 21. Now in its 28th year the public can see costumes created by all five Academy Award nominees. Over 100 outstanding costume designs from 29 films in the past year will also be on display. FREE
4. [noon] LA Plaza de Cultura y Artes latest exhibit “afroLAtinidad: mi casa, my city” helps visitors step into a recreated Afro-Latinx home and explore the personal objects of a Afrolatinidad family living in Los Angeles. FREE
2. [5 p.m.] On select dates through April 5 you can get a ticket to The Wizard’s Den, an immersive pop-up in Hollywood where aspiring spell casters can concoct their own magical potions (ahem… cocktails). The experience includes, wizard robes, potion-making props, and puzzles.
6. [6 p.m.] 4th Fridays on 4th Street activates the “Retro Road” business district in Long Beach on the fourth Friday of every month from 6 to 9 p.m. through extended hours, dining specials, discounted merchandise, pop up shops, art shows, live music, free trolly rides and more.
7. [7:30 p.m.] The Groundlings recently debuted an extra rowdy all-new sketch comedy from the Main Company called Bar Fight. The show runs every Friday and Saturday.
9. [7:30 p.m.] USC Thornton Symphony: New Music for Orchestra is an annual concert featuring original works by Thornton student composers. Free and open to the public. FREE
3. [8 p.m.] Amoeba Hollywood’s weekly DJ series ROTATIONS welcomes Zernell for a live set. FREE
8. [8 p.m.] Dan Savage’s HUMP! Film Festival returns on select dates from February 20-29. The nationwide festival showcases five-minute sex-positive ‘dirty movies’ on the big screen of The Downtown Independent in celebration of creative sexual expression.
10. [various] Dine Out Long Beach Restaurant Week returns with a host of specially priced prix fixe brunches, lunches and dinners from February 23-29.
#SPONSORED DEAL OF THE DAY: $18 tix to L.A. TACO’s Birriamania (via Goldstar)