You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Tuesday, February 4, 2020.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] FIDM Museum presents their annual “Art of Motion Picture Costume Design” exhibition from February 4 to March 21. Now in its 28th year the public can see costumes created by all five Academy Award nominees. Over 100 outstanding costume designs from 29 films in the past year will also be on display. FREE
2. [4 p.m.] Kidspace’s Free Family Night happens on the first Tuesday of each month between 4 to 8 p.m. On these special nights the museum will promote family learning through arts, picking up new skills through activities and more. FREE
3. [6 p.m.] Escuela de Mezcal (Mezcal School) at Bar Calo in Echo Park is an opportunity for guests to discover, learn and taste different mezcals. Happening every Tuesday a different mezcal brand will be featured at half-off from 6-9 p.m.
4. [6:30 p.m.] The Sidewalk Astronomers will be at Buena Vista Library on Tuesday night with telescopes onsite for the public to get a close-up look at the moon and other visible planets. FREE
5. [7 p.m.] Severance Wine Bar wants to celebrate your single status during their BREAKUP BAR POPUP. Taking place next door to the bar, the two week long party will transport guest into an anti-Valentine’s Day world with break up appropriate movie screenings, a Wall of Broken Relationships, loads of champagne, cocktails and food. Running Tuesday through Saturday from Jan. 31 till Feb. 16.
6. [7 p.m.] Social Lingo Language Exchange Party at Solidarity in Santa Monica.
7. [8 p.m.] Watch Doctor Who with your fellow Whovians this Tuesday night at Fox & Hounds. They’ll be showing a classic Doctor Fifth Doctor episode titled “Black Orchid” on every TV as well as two big projectors inside and outside the bar. Drink special password is “TARDIS” and gets you $4 draft beer and $1 off wine and well drinks.
8. [various] Free Museum Day: Natural History Museum (also note that L.A. County residents receive free Museum admission Monday through Friday from 3 to 5 pm. Bring a valid ID or utility bill the day of your visit) and La Brea Tarpits Museum (also note that L.A. County residents receive free Museum admission Monday through Friday from 3 to 5 pm. Bring a valid ID or utility bill the day of your visit)
9. [various] The 4th Annual Oscar Film Week returns to Culina at the Four Seasons Hotel in Beverly Hills February 1-8 with a meal and screening of all nine “Best Picture” Oscar nominated films in 2020.
10. [various] Love & Salt in Manhattan Beach will launch a guest chef dinner series. Kicking off their inaugural dinner they welcome Nancy Silverton to collaborate alongside chef Chris Feldmeier and chef de cuisine Tracey Harada both have cooked for Nancy for years at Osteria Mozza. The dinner will be a four course feast of the chefs’ favorite Mozza dishes with multiple selections available for each course. The dinner takes place Monday and Tuesday with a cost of $85 per person. Wine pairings available for an extra fee.