You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday, February 7, 2020.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] FIDM Museum presents their annual “Art of Motion Picture Costume Design” exhibition from February 4 to March 21. Now in its 28th year the public can see costumes created by all five Academy Award nominees. Over 100 outstanding costume designs from 29 films in the past year will also be on display. FREE
2. [11 a.m.] L.A. Art Show is our city’s largest and longest-running art fair. The show will take place at the Los Angeles Convention Center starting February 5 with an opening night gala and continuing throiugh Sunday. This year will also celebrate the shows 25th anniversary.
3. [noon] Discover new artists when the Superfine! Art Fair returns to Magic Box @ The Reef in DTLA February 6 – 9 . Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
4. [1 p.m.] One Love Cali Reggae Festival returns to the Queen Mary Events Park in Long Beach on February 7-9 for its fourth annual music fest.
5. [3 p.m.] The 53rd California International Antiquarian Book Fair, the nation’s largest exhibition and sale of rare books stops by the Pasadena Convention Center February 7-9. The bi-annual fair gives visitors a chance to observe, learn and purchase rare books, manuscripts, autographs, maps, fine prints, photographs and more. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
6. [5 p.m.] It’s First Fridays at The Village in Redondo Beach. Merchants and art galleries will stay open till 8 p.m. and a live musical performance will take place next to the Aloha Bungalow.
7. [6:30 p.m.] Bixby Knolls Annual First Fridays Mardi Gras Celebration will include a parade, art shows, food, live entertainment and much more.
8. [6:45 p.m.] The Phantasmagoria was a form of early horror theater and it’s being resurrected February 7-9 at Heritage Square Museum. Guests will experience optical illusions of ghosts and other apparitions this immersive night set in the 1830s will have you exploring life and death with fellow macabre lovers.
9. [7 p.m.] Severance Wine Bar wants to celebrate your single status during their BREAKUP BAR POPUP. Taking place next door to the bar, the two week long party will transport guest into an anti-Valentine’s Day world with break up appropriate movie screenings, a Wall of Broken Relationships, loads of champagne, cocktails and food. Running Tuesday through Saturday from Jan. 31 till Feb. 16.
10. [7:30 p.m.] The Griffith Observatory hosts a monthly forum where some of the most amazing phenomena in the known universe are explained and discussed. It’s called All Space Considered and it takes place on the first Friday of every month. FREE