You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday, February 8, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] 260LA will host a Diane von Furstenberg sample sale from February 5-10 in their Beverly Hills location.
2. [2 p.m.] One Love Cali Reggae Festival returns to the Queen Mary Events Park in Long Beach on February 8 – 10 for its fourth annual music fest with performances by Rebelution, Pepper, Slightly Stoopid and more.
3. [6 p.m.] Art Deco Society of Los Angeles brings Cocktails in Historic Places to Traxx Bar at Uniom Station.
4. [8 p.m.] Amoeba Hollywood’s guest DJ series, ROTATIONS, welcomes Chris Taylor. FREE
5. [8 p.m.] There’s an opening party for Groundlings & Groundlings, Attorneys At Law at LA’s iconic improv theatre and school The Groundlings. You’ll get to see the latest show first and enjoy drinks and food during the party. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
7. [10 p.m.] Stranger Things 80s Night at Los Globos, presented by Club 90s.
8. [various] Saved By The Max, the Saved By The Bell Pop Up Shop Diner & Bar will transform into Malibu Sands & Zack’s Room as part of the “final semester” of the pop up expereince wrapping up in April.
9. [various] The Pan African Film Festival (PAFF) returns to Los Angeles February 7-18. Now in its 27th year, the 12-day festival is the largest black film festival in America.
10. [various] Severance Wine Bar wants to celebrate your single status during their BREAKUP BAR POPUP. Taking place next door to the bar, the two week long party will transport guest into an anti-Valentine’s Day world with break up appropriate movie screenings, a Wall of Broken Relationships, loads of champagne, cocktails and food. Running Tuesday through Saturday till February 14.
#SPONSORED DEAL OF THE DAY: Get $4.75 tix to The Travel Expo at the Pasadena Convention Center (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar