You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Saturday, February 9, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] The Autry Presents its 22nd Annual Masters of the American West Art exhibition and sale this Saturday featuring 64 western artist. Additionally the museum is hosting a trunk show with one-of-a-kind Native American jewelry, glass wall art, silver goods and more.
3. [noon] One Love Cali Reggae Festival returns to the Queen Mary Events Park in Long Beach on February 8 – 10 for its fourth annual music fest with performances by Rebelution, Pepper, Slightly Stoopid and more.
4. [noon] Cupid’s Undie Run happening at The Buffalo Club in Santa Monica is a “brief” run for a great cause. The event is around a mile run with plenty of partying in between.
5. [1 p.m.] The Chinese Chamber of Commerce presents the 120th Golden Dragon Parade in Chinatown. Just in time for Lunar New Year, the parade will include floats, marching bands, government officials, various dignitaries, entertainers, local business leaders and cultural groups.
6. [5:30 p.m.] Descanso Gardens will host a Night Garden event fun for all ages with live music, food, educational talks, live insect viewings and shadow puppet theatre.
7. [8 p.m.] Come help the Hammer Museum celebrate their newest winter exhibitions with an opening-night party this Saturday. Attendees can view brand-new exhibits, enjoy live DJs, a cash bar and The Original Grilled Cheese food truck. FREE
8. [11:30 p.m,] Sleepless: Quinceañera Reimagined happening at The Music Center’s Dorothy Chandler Pavilion in Downtown L.A. is an immersive late night multi-sensory party that re-imagines the Quinceañera focusing on rituals and symbols associated with the Latinx coming-of-age tradition.
9. [various] The Pan African Film Festival (PAFF) returns to Los Angeles February 7-18. Now in its 27th year, the 12-day festival is the largest black film festival in America.
10. [various] Desert X returns for its bi-annual public art show February 9 through April 21. Spread throughout the Coachella Valley in various locations, artists are commissioned to use the desert landscape as their canvas with breathtaking results.
#SPONSORED DEAL OF THE DAY: Get $4.75 tix to The Travel Expo at the Pasadena Convention Center (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar