You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Sunday, February 10, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] Yoga at Angel City Brewery welcomes all levels of experience with a donation of $15-20 that includes a free drink at the end.
2. [11 a.m.] Family Flicks Film Series at The Hammer will screen Modern Times this Sunday. FREE
3. [11 a.m.] Molcajete Dominguero at LA Plaza de Cultura y Artes welcomes Angelenos to explore Latinx art, craft, clothing, food, and beverage vendors from Southern California this Sunday.
4. [noon] One Love Cali Reggae Festival returns to the Queen Mary Events Park in Long Beach on February 8 – 10 for its fourth annual music fest with performances by Rebelution, Pepper, Slightly Stoopid and more.
5. [noon] Second Annual Adam’s Forge Festival celebrates the art of blacksmithing through live demonstrations, hands-on activities, musical performances, tomahawk throwing, artisan metal and craft marketplace and other family-friendly activities.
6. [noon] The monthly East LA Art Walk returns this month to highlight independent artists, muralists, crafters and local businesses from the Eastside and its surrounding neighborhoods. This event is put on by the East LA Business Association of the 1st St corridor and is designed to be family friendly.
7. [1 p.m.] The Healthy Spot will host a Japanese-style grooming competition to help transform some of Wallis Annenberg’s PetSpace’s adoptable rescue pets this Sunday. The event is free to attend and there also be a Q&A with grooming experts, treats, takeaways, prizes and of course plenty of wonderful adoptable pets. FREE
8. [8 p.m.] Maka Roots-Live, an evening of reggae at The Basement Tavern
9. [various] The Pan African Film Festival (PAFF) returns to Los Angeles February 7-18. Now in its 27th year, the 12-day festival is the largest black film festival in America.
10. [various] Desert X returns for its bi-annual public art show February 9 through April 21. Spread throughout the Coachella Valley in various locations, artists are commissioned to use the desert landscape as their canvas with breathtaking results.
#SPONSORED DEAL OF THE DAY: Get $4.75 tix to The Travel Expo at the Pasadena Convention Center (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar