You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Monday, February 11, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [12:30 p.m.] Free yoga classes are held at the Edendale Branch Library every Monday this month. FREE
2. [4 p.m.] LACMA hosts Mindful Monday an opportunity for people to participate in a slow-looking exercise followed by a discussion located at the exhibition Outliers and American Vanguard Art.
3. [7 p.m.] There’s a themed pop-up called Grunge Shop Tavern where you’ll be transported to 1991, a time where Nirvana, flannel shirts and combat boots ruled. It’s an interactive experience, expect atmospheric actors, a fictitious bar owner called “Old Doug” and loads of grunge music throughout the night.
4. [6 p.m.] Head down to Scum and Villainy Cantina this Monday in Hollywood for a Jim Henson themed game night.
5. [7 p.m.] Social Lingo Language Exchange Party at the Cat and Fiddle.
6. [7 p.m.] Write Club Los Angeles at the Bootleg Theater.
7. [8 p.m.] Freedy Johnston with Special Guests at Molly Malone’s.
8. [9 p.m.] The Business LA is a free comedy show at Little Joy featuring some of the best local comics in town. FREE
9. [various] The Pan African Film Festival (PAFF) returns to Los Angeles February 7-18. Now in its 27th year, the 12-day festival is the largest black film festival in America.
10. [various] Desert X returns for its bi-annual public art show February 9 through April 21. Spread throughout the Coachella Valley in various locations, artists are commissioned to use the desert landscape as their canvas with breathtaking results.
#SPONSORED DEAL OF THE DAY: Get $4.75 tix to The Travel Expo at the Pasadena Convention Center (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar
The Best Things to do in L.A., straight to your inbox! Sign Up For Our Email List And You Receive...
- Two emails a week, Monday AM and Thursday AM.
- Monday: The best of the week ahead. 30+ ideas.
- Thursday: What to do this weekend. 30+ ideas.
- Occasional emails with special offers and messages from promotional parters.
- Optional emails for daily to-dos, travel tips, food recommendations, and deals.Basically, just think of us as your friend making some fun suggestions for what you might like to check out this day or week or month in L.A. Sign-up in the form below to join over 66,000 Angelenos who already subscribe!