You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Monday, March 25, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [5 p.m.] Amoeba Music in Hollywood welcomes Andrew Bird into their record store for a signing and performance to promote his latest album My Finest Work Yet.
2. [6 p.m.] Boyle Heights Walking Ghost Tour.
3. [7 p.m.] Otis College of Art and Design presents their second installment of the Mandy & Cliff Einstein Visiting Artist Series featuring a public lecture by Zoe Whitley the Curator for International Art at Tate Modern in London, as well as curator attached to the British Pavilion for the 58th Venice Biennale. FREE
4. [7:30 p.m.] There’s a free Monday Night Fiction Workshop at Beyond Baroque in Venice this Monday. The weekly workshop will be facilitated by author, screenwriter, playwright, and director Barra Grant. FREE
5. [7:30 p.m.] Astronomy on Tap hosted by Caltech Astronomy happens once a month at Der Wolf in Pasadena. Professionals will give informal talks about a variety of topics while enjoying German beers with the public.
6. [8 p.m.] Pub trivia at Red Lion Tavern.
7. [8 p.m.] James Bay performs at The Wiltern.
8. [8:30 p.m.] The Jazz Butchers at The Mint.
9. [9 p.m.] Motown On Mondays at The Short Stop celebrates the birthdays of “The Queen Of Soul”, Aretha Franklin, & “The Queen Of Motown”, Diana Ross.
10. [various] Eataly Los Angeles’ first-ever Restaurant Fest takes place March 18-31. The two-week long festival highlights Italian spring time cuisine through two-course prix fixe menus from all three restaurants inside the complex. Available during lunch and dinner, prices range from $18-28 and select wines will be priced at just $25 a bottle for the occasion.
#SPONSORED GIVEAWAY: We’re conducting an Instagram giveaway for TWO TICKETS to the Magic Bus Experience, returning to Los Angeles this April 19-20. Check this post if you want to enter to win and get more details on the event. It’s free to enter! Entry ends this Monday, March 25 at noon PST.
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar