You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Sunday, March 24, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [6:30 a.m.] The Los Angeles Marathon is back on Sunday for another year gathering over 24,000 athletes from all over the country and more than 63 countries for one epic run. Cheer on runners as they compete, or at least be aware of the accompanying street closures.
2. [11 a.m.] Los Angeles Ballet (LAB) will be offering free ballet classes, alternative dance/fitness classes and lectures/demonstrations for dancers of all ages during a new monthly initiative called A CHANCE TO DANCE. FREE
3. [11 a.m.] The fifth annual Vegan Street Fair Los Angeles returns to North Hollywood March 23 – 24 with an array of vegan-friendly eats from over 200 vendors.
4. [noon] India Sweets & Spices will host their bi-annual Free Food Event in celebration of the popular market and cafes 30 years in business.
5. [noon] The Tonga Hut in North Hollywood will host a Tiki parking lot sale and art show this Sunday starting at noon//.
6. [noon] Subliminal Projects hosts the Mr. Sparkle Art Show March 23 – 24. The themed art show celebrates the Simpsons episode that features Homer as the memorable Mr. Sparkle character in Japan. Viewing hours this Sunday are noon to 6 p.m. FREE
7. [noon] Family Studio Workshop: Photo Drawings at Hauser & Wirth. FREE
8. [2 p.m.] Hollywood Heritage Museum presents Afternoon@TheBarn. The program this month will center around American Designer Adrian Adolph Greenburg who designed the ruby red slippers in The Wizard of Oz.
9. [7 p.m.] Take in a few laughs at the end of the weekend at Cool Beans Comedy at the Ice House in Pasadena. This weeks show includes Jamie Kennedy, Jesus Trejo, Kelsey Cook and more. FREE
10. [various] The Egg House visits Los Angeles March 20 – 24 for an egg-themed, 12,000-square-foot pop-up multi-sensory experience showcasing a series of installations and activations around egg themed creations.
#SPONSORED GIVEAWAY: We’re conducting an Instagram giveaway for TWO TICKETS to the Magic Bus Experience, returning to Los Angeles this April 19-20. Check this post if you want to enter to win and get more details on the event. It’s free to enter! Entry ends this Monday, March 25.
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar