You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Saturday, March 23, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [7 a.m.] Puppies & Planks Festival comes to Los Angeles State Historic Park for an afternoon workout experience that’s inclusive to our canine friends. That’s right this event is BYOD (bring your own dog) there will be plenty of dog-friendly activities including a 3K Dog Walk, ‘Ruff Yoga’ with Crunch Fitness, and special treats from Petco at the Dog Carnival.
2. [10 a.m.] This Saturday might be the last time Royce’s Arcade Warehouse will host an open house. The arcade charges $5 for an all day free play pass and is a popular weekend event for children and adults. The retro arcade is working on staying open in the future but facing regulatory issues with the city that will result in a temporary shutdown of the space.
3. [11 a.m.] The fifth annual Vegan Street Fair Los Angeles returns to North Hollywood March 23 – 24 with an array of vegan-friendly eats from over 200 vendors.
4. [noon] 13th Annual Santa Monica Airport ArtWalk will host art exhibits and demonstrations, alongside various theatre and music workshops. The ArtWalk is free and open for all ages. FREE
5. [1 p.m.] California African American Museum brings back Makers Fest, an all-ages event where guests get to learn pattern making, zine creation and more. FREE
6. [3 p.m.] Wallis Annenberg PetSpace welcomes writer Ken Foster and photographer Traer Scott for a discussion about their book City of Dogs and the role dogs play in building community in city lives. FREE
7. [4 p.m.] The Stoli Key West Cocktail Classic, the world’s largest LGBT bartender competition and show takes over The Abbey Food and Bar this Saturday. The first 100 people (with a rsvp) to check in at 4 p.m. get to try every cocktail.
8. [7 p.m.] Subliminal Projects hosts the Mr. Sparkle Art Show March 23 – 24. The themed art show celebrates the Simpsons episode that features Homer as the memorable Mr. Sparkle character in Japan. The opening reception includes a celebrity mystery Simpsons DJ set, a reading of the Mr. Sparkle script, plus lots of beer, food, art and more. FREE
9. [various] The Egg House visits Los Angeles March 20 – 24 for an egg-themed, 12,000-square-foot pop-up multi-sensory experience showcasing a series of installations and activations around egg themed creations.
10. [11 a.m.] Norton Simon Museum will host a botanical scent workshop inspired by Impressionist and Post-Impressionist paintings in the galleries.
#SPONSORED GIVEAWAY: We’re conducting an Instagram giveaway for TWO TICKETS to the Magic Bus Experience, returning to Los Angeles this April 19-20. Check this post if you want to enter to win and get more details on the event. It’s free to enter! Entry ends this Monday, March 25.
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar