You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday, March 22, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [noon] Grand Central Market hosts Friday Night Flights every Friday starting at noon. The special includes a flight of drinks or bites from GCM vendors and a round trip ticket on the historic Angels Flight Railway right across the street for $15.
2. [4 p.m.] An installation created by design firm and technology studio VT Pro Design gets a West Coast debut at ROW DTLA. Telestron is two large-scale robotic conductors creating geometric shades through light and shadows all around guests in a seven minute light show. Open to the public Wednesday through Sunday with the end date of March 28. FREE
3. [4:20 p.m.] Amoeba Music in Hollywood welcomes Jenny Lewis for a signing and performance of her new album.
4. [6 p.m.] 4th Fridays on 4th Street activates the “Retro Road” business district in Long Beach on the fourth Friday of every month from 6 to 9 p.m. through extended hours, dining specials, discounted merchandise, pop up shops, art shows, live music, trolly rides and more.
5. [8 p.m.] I Still Dream About California: A Film Series Organized by Annie Leibovitz at Hauser & Wirth. Seating is first-come, first-serve. FREE
6. [8 p.m.] Walt Disney Concert Hall presents BREATHEWATCHLISTENTOUCH: The Work and Music of Yoko Ono. Guests will experience Ono’s art and music performed by an ensemble of special guests in celebration of her sixty-plus-year career.
7. [8 p.m.] The Odyssey Theatre Ensemble will offer We Like L.A. readers free tickets to their new show, “Faith Healer” by Brian Friel. Use the promo code WELIKELA2019 to get your free tickets for show on dates: Wednesday, March 20 at 8 p.m., Thursday, March 21 at 8 p.m., Friday, March 22 at 8 p.m. FREE
8. [various] The Egg House visits Los Angeles March 20 – 24 for an egg-themed, 12,000-square-foot pop-up multi-sensory experience showcasing a series of installations and activations around egg themed creations.
9. [various] Eataly Los Angeles’ first-ever Restaurant Fest (March 18-31) will highlight Italian spring time cuisine through two-course prix fixe menus from all three restaurants inside the complex. Available during lunch and dinner, prices range from $18-28 and select wines will be priced at just $25 a bottle for the occasion.
10. [various] PaleyFest returns to the Dolby Theatre March 15 – 24 for a 10-day television festival featuring stars and creators from some of your favorite TV shows. PaleyFest is a culmination of screenings, panel discussions, Q&A’s and behind-the-scenes looks of a variety of TV shows you know and love.
#SPONSORED DEAL OF THE DAY: $14 tix to Street Food Cinema at the Million Dollar Theatre
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar