You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Wednesday, March 27, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [12:15 p.m.] Take an afternoon yoga class in beautiful Grand Park. The 45 minute workout is complimentary to the public every. After yoga, checkout the many food trucks lining the park and grab lunch al fresco style. FREE
2. [3 p.m.] Hotel Figueroa will host Feminist Camp, a one-day-only mini camp offering participants the chance to connect with people doing feminist work in a variety of ways. There will be workshops and light refreshments donated by Poppy + Rose. Tickets cost $30 and reservations are required. Proceeds will go to the Feminist Camp Scholarship Fund.
3. [4 p.m.] An installation created by design firm and technology studio VT Pro Design gets a West Coast debut at ROW DTLA. Telestron is two large-scale robotic conductors creating geometric shades through light and shadows all around guests in a seven minute light show. Open to the public Wednesday through Sunday with the end date of March 28. FREE
4. [7 p.m.] Art + Practice presents a conversation with artist and filmmakers Alile Sharon Larkin, Cauleen Smith and dana washington moderated by Jheanelle Brown the Programs Manager at The Broad and co-curator of Time is Running Out of Time: Experimental Film and Video from the L.A. Rebellion and Today an exhibition on view now at A+P which all three artist are a part of. FREE
5. [7:30 p.m.] The Egyptian Theatre will host a free advance screening of The Highwaymen which follows the two detectives who brought down Bonnie and Clyde.
6. [7:30 p.m.] The fourth annual Los Angeles Magazine Whiskey Festival will have you sipping some of the finest whiskeys, meeting master distillers, enjoying appetizers and more.
7. [7:30 p.m.] Cirque du Soleil: Corteo takes over The Forum from March 27-31 for a spellbinding evening of fantastical acrobatics, costumes and sets. Guests will be immersed in a majestic parade somewhere between heaven and earth.
8. [8 p.m.] True Crime in Los Angeles: Killer 80s! edition at Three Clubs in Hollywood.
9. [various] The Egg House visits Los Angeles March 20 – April 28 for an egg-themed, 12,000-square-foot pop-up multi-sensory experience showcasing a series of installations and activations around egg themed creations.
10. [various] Eataly Los Angeles’ first-ever Restaurant Fest takes place March 18-31. The two-week long festival highlights Italian spring time cuisine through two-course prix fixe menus from all three restaurants inside the complex. Available during lunch and dinner, prices range from $18-28 and select wines will be priced at just $25 a bottle for the occasion.
#SPONSORED DEAL: Get $8 tix to Eat|See|Hear in Chinatown
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar