You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Thursday, March 28, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [1:10 p.m.] It’s Opening Day at Dodger Stadium this Thursday and the boys in blue will go up against the Arizona Diamondbacks.
2. [4 p.m.] An installation created by design firm and technology studio VT Pro Design gets a West Coast debut at ROW DTLA. Telestron is two large-scale robotic conductors creating geometric shades through light and shadows all around guests in a seven minute light show. Open to the public Wednesday through Sunday with the end date of March 28. FREE
3. [6 p.m.] The Other Art Fair Los Angeles returns to Magic Box at The Reef March 28-31 for the 3rd edition of its independent artist showcase. See a curated selection of over 140 independent artists and check out thousands of pieces for every budget in one space. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
4. [7 p.m.] La Bamba Movie Night comes to the Wiltern for a screening of La Bamba and a celebration of Hispanic heritage. The screening will also feature some fun vendors, a taco bar, photo ops and signature La Bamba cocktails.
5. [7:30 p.m.] Art Battle Los Angeles returns for a new season at Exchange LA for a wild night of art-making right before your eyes. 16 talented artists in a competitive painting tournament will transform blank canvases into beautiful, original paintings in 20 minutes.
6. [7:30 p.m.] Cirque du Soleil: Corteo takes over The Forum from March 27-31 for a spellbinding evening of fantastical acrobatics, costumes and sets. Guests will be immersed in a majestic parade somewhere between heaven and earth.
7. [8 p.m.] Angel City Brewery will host a Food For Thought Open Mic Night. Angelenos are given five minutes to share their art, poetry, spoken word, stories, laughter, dance, wisdom, anything!
8. [various] Astro Doughnuts & Fried Chicken will celebrate their grand opening on Santa Monica’s Main Street by giving away a free doughnut to each guest this Thursday. Every hour one lucky guest will receive a “Golden Doughnut” at random receiving free doughnuts for an entire year.
9. [various] The Egg House visits Los Angeles March 20 – April 28 for an egg-themed, 12,000-square-foot pop-up multi-sensory experience showcasing a series of installations and activations around egg themed creations.
10. [various] Eataly Los Angeles’ first-ever Restaurant Fest takes place March 18-31. The two-week long festival highlights Italian spring time cuisine through two-course prix fixe menus from all three restaurants inside the complex. Available during lunch and dinner, prices range from $18-28 and select wines will be priced at just $25 a bottle for the occasion.
#SPONSORED DEAL: Get $8 tix to Eat|See|Hear in Chinatown
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar