You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday, March 29, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [11 a.m.] Tomatomania returns to Descanso Gardens March 29–31 for gardening workshops, talks, demonstrations and the biggest selection of classic and unusual tomato and pepper plants for sale.
2. [3 p.m.] The Other Art Fair Los Angeles returns to Magic Box at The Reef March 28-31 for the 3rd edition of its independent artist showcase. See a curated selection of over 140 independent artists and check out thousands of pieces for every budget in one space. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
3. [4 p.m.] The Greens at the Rose Bowl (the grounds surrounding the stadium) will launch a summer event called Final Fridays. A family friendly event happening on the last Friday (4-8 p.m.) of every month where food trucks, life-size games, stadium tours and so more are offered.
4. [5:30 p.m.] The 7th annual ¡Latin Food Fest! happening at L.A. State Historic Park March 29 – 30 celebrates Hispanic culinary excellence. On Friday there will be a “Chefs Night out” wine, spirits and beer party. On Saturday The Gran Tasting will take place featuring cooking and cocktail tastings plus a live demo from Mary Sue Milliken and Susan Feniger of Border Grill.
5. [7:30 p.m.] Cirque du Soleil: Corteo takes over The Forum from March 27-31 for a spellbinding evening of fantastical acrobatics, costumes and sets. Guests will be immersed in a majestic parade somewhere between heaven and earth.
6. [7:30 p.m.] Night Dive an adults-only party happening at Aquarium of the Pacific will host an after hours featuring local rock bands, DJs in the Aquarium’s galleries, art, cocktails, food trucks and much more.
7. [8 p.m.] Nude Art LA’s Spring 2019 Show comes to the Cooper Design Space March 29 – 30 for two-night celebration of the nude human form with a carefully curated selection of fine art from all over the world. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
8. [various] The 21st Annual NOIR CITY: HOLLYWOOD film festival returns to the Egyptian Theatre in Hollywood for 10 nights (March 29-April 7) featuring films from this exciting artistic era.
9. [various] The Egg House visits Los Angeles March 20 – April 28 for an egg-themed, 12,000-square-foot pop-up multi-sensory experience showcasing a series of installations and activations around egg themed creations.
10. [various] Eataly Los Angeles’ first-ever Restaurant Fest takes place March 18-31. The two-week long festival highlights Italian spring time cuisine through two-course prix fixe menus from all three restaurants inside the complex. Available during lunch and dinner, prices range from $18-28 and select wines will be priced at just $25 a bottle for the occasion.
#SPONSORED DEAL: Get $8 tix to Eat|See|Hear in Chinatown
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar