You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Saturday, March 30, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [11 a.m.] Tomatomania returns to Descanso Gardens March 29–31 for gardening workshops, talks, demonstrations and the biggest selection of classic and unusual tomato and pepper plants for sale.
2. [11 p.m.] The Other Art Fair Los Angeles returns to Magic Box at The Reef March 28-31 for the 3rd edition of its independent artist showcase. See a curated selection of over 140 independent artists and check out thousands of pieces for every budget in one space. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
3. [noon] Native American Festival comes to Shoreline Village in Long Beach for its annual, family-friendly celebration featuring live Native American performances like dancing, drumming, singing, flute and story telling. FREE
4. [noon] Common Space Brewery located in Hawthorne will host a Vegan Oktoberfest Party featuring a huge list of vegan food vendors offering German and Oktoberfest themed dishes. This event is free to attend, open to all ages and dog friendly.
5. [1 p.m.] The 7th annual ¡Latin Food Fest! happening at L.A. State Historic Park March 29 – 30 celebrates Hispanic culinary excellence. On Friday there will be a “Chefs Night out” wine, spirits and beer party. On Saturday The Gran Tasting will take place featuring cooking and cocktail tastings plus a live demo from Mary Sue Milliken and Susan Feniger of Border Grill.
6. [2 p.m.] Spring Market at ROW DTLA brings a unique collective of live music, immersive art, dynamic speakers (curated by Refinery29) and gorgeous goods from over 50 vendors in beauty, apparel, wellness, jewelry, and more.
7. [2 p.m.] Enjoy a free Chilean outdoor music concert at the historic Sun Valley Youth Arts Center this Saturday. FREE
8. [6 p.m.] Street Food Cinema is throwing a Grease 50’s style prom this Saturday at the Million Dollar Theatre in downtown.
9. [7:30 p.m.] Nude Art LA’s Spring 2019 Show comes to the Cooper Design Space March 29 – 30 for two-night celebration of the nude human form with a carefully curated selection of fine art from all over the world. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
10. [various] The 21st Annual NOIR CITY: HOLLYWOOD film festival returns to the Egyptian Theatre in Hollywood for 10 nights (March 29-April 7) featuring films from this exciting artistic era.
#SPONSORED DEAL: Get $8 tix to Eat|See|Hear in Chinatown
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar