You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Sunday, March 31, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [11 a.m.] Tomatomania returns to Descanso Gardens March 29–31 for gardening workshops, talks, demonstrations and the biggest selection of classic and unusual tomato and pepper plants for sale.
2. [11 p.m.] The Other Art Fair Los Angeles returns to Magic Box at The Reef March 28-31 for the 3rd edition of its independent artist showcase. See a curated selection of over 140 independent artists and check out thousands of pieces for every budget in one space. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
3. [11 a.m.] Wallis Annenberg PetSpace will host a discussion on “What to Expect When You’re Expecting A New Dog” to help folks who adopt navigate some of the essentials such as training, nutrition, socialization and time commitment all important points that help ease the integration of a new dog into your home. FREE
4. [11 a.m.] The Torrance Cherry Blossom Cultural Festival comes to Columbia Park on Sunday for a unique blend of cultural performances with a fun variety of crafts by local artisans, centered around the blooming cherry blossom. FREE
5. [noon] It’s Cesar Chavez Family Day at LA Plaza de Cultura y Artes this Sunday. The free celebration features a guest speaker from the Cesar Chavez Foundation, Xipe Totec Aztec dancers, live music by Lorenzo and the Carnales, plus art, garden, and culinary workshops. FREE
6. [noon] Off Sunset Festival, LA’s Leather Culture Street Fair closes out a week of events for Los Angeles Leather Pride right in the heart of Silver Lake. This event is for guests 21 and over only.
7. [1 p.m.] California African American Museum will host Art + Feminism Wikipedia edit-a-thon a worldwide edit-a-thon to close the gender gap. Bring your laptop, beginners and all gender expressions and identities are welcome. FREE
8. [1 p.m.] Toyota Hybrid CARnival in Little Tokyo featuring a performance by ISA Block Party. FREE
9. [5 p.m.] BUSted is True Stories About Getting Around L.A, Told By People Who Don’t Drive. Show starts at 5 p.m, at Stories Books & Cafe on Sunset. FREE
10. [various] The 21st Annual NOIR CITY: HOLLYWOOD film festival returns to the Egyptian Theatre in Hollywood for 10 nights (March 29-April 7) featuring films from this exciting artistic era.
#SPONSORED DEAL: Get $8 tix to Eat|See|Hear in Chinatown
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar