You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in.
So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday, March 31, 2017.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [noon] WonderCon returns to Anaheim Convention Center March 31 through April 2 for the ultimate comic book convention weekend also focusing on TV, film, animation, and more.
2. [4:30 p.m.] The Spirit Guild Distillery Tour and Tasting will educate attendees on how fruit and juice from California farms become bottles of gin, vodka, and other spirits. This hour-long, hands-on event includes a tour of the working craft distillery and a taste of the finished products. Tickets are just $10.
3. [7 p.m.] There is a public opening reception (7-10 p.m.) for a new series of artwork by painter Andru Sisson titled Black Privilege, at the Tappan Atelier this Friday. FREE
4. [7:30 p.m.] Every Friday in March Greenbar Distillery in Downtown Los Angeles will host cocktail classes featuring seasonal and themed drinks. This week’s theme is Seasonal Produce Cocktails using rum, whiskey and vodka.
5. [7:30 p.m.] Shut Up and Dance – Bootleg Dance Festival.
6. [8 p.m.] The Last Book Review returns to The Last Bookstore in Downtown Los Angeles. Join host Ever Mainard and five comedians as they tell their own personal, funny and often awkward story on stage. The last comedian will then take the audience through a book review. FREE
7. [8 p.m.] ROTATIONS: Sans Nom at Amoeba Hollywood. FREE
8. [8 p.m.] Thrones! A Game of Thrones Musical Parody at The Hudson Theaters. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
9. [8:30 p.m.] Jam City at the Ace Hotel Upstairs. FREE
10. [various] The 19th Annual Film Noir Festival at the Egyptian Theatre Hollywood will take place March 24 through April 2.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $13.50 for a Great Horror Movie Nights double-feature at the Old Zoo in Griffith Park (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.