You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in.
So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday, April 14, 2017.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] The 2017 Virtual Reality Expo is two days (April 14-15) of virtual reality and augmented reality demos, education sessions, immersive work presentations and more.
2. [5 p.m.] Spend a Night at the Aquarium of the Pacific and explore the aquarium after hours. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
3. [7:30 p.m.] Enjoy a free screening of a new episode of CNN’s Emmy-nominated show United Shades of America with W. Kamau Bell. The event takes place at the Bing Theater at LACMA, and Bell himself will be on hand for an enlightening conversation. FREE
4. [7:30 p.m.] Every Friday in April Greenbar Distillery in Downtown Los Angeles will host cocktail classes featuring seasonal and themed drinks. This week’s theme is Prohibition Era Cocktails.
5. [9 p.m.] Trap’chella is two days of Trap partying. Get immersed in the vibes and culture of this music movement. Hosted by rapper PROBLEM!
6. [11 a.m.] Big Bunny’s Spring Fling at the Los Angeles Zoo is three days (April 14-16) of egg-citing fun! Take a photo with “Big Bunny”, join in a family dance party, learn about rabbits and more. The event is included in the admission ticket.
7. [8 p.m.] Subject: Los Angeles as Eden at Bob Baker Marionette Theater.
8. [various] Festival M.A.R.S., a ten-day festival featuring unique merging of music, fashion, art and dance, is coming to Downtown Los Angeles from April 14-23.
9. [various] Hollywood Comedy Shorts Film Festival at TCL Chinese 6 Theaters. Takes place April 14-16.
10. [various] Check out The Portals Project at Grand Park. FREE
DEAL OF THE DAY: $11 for the Festival of Colors at Woodley Park (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.