You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Saturday, April 14, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [7 a.m.] The Toyota Grand Prix features live street racing, live music concerts, a lifestyle expo, kids kart racing, dancing contests, food trucks and more from April 13-15. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
2. [9 a.m.] The Great the L.A. River CleaUp kicks off this weekend for the first of three consecutive Saturdays.. Thousands of volunteers will scour different parts of the river, collecting trash and helping to improve the environment.This Saturday volunteers will focus on the Sepulveda Basin / Balboa Sports Complex and Glendale Narrows Riverwalk. FREE
3. [9 a.m.] The March for Science returns to Los Angeles on April 14 in support of the environment, healthcare and scientific facts. This celebration will run 9 a.m. to 4 p.m and will begin at Pershing Square and end at City Hall. Last year’s event featured various speakers, activities and live entertainment during the expo. FREE
4. [10 a.m.] Whale of a Day 2018 at Point Vicente Interpretive Center in Rancho Palos Verdes celebrates the migration of the Pacific Gray Whale. Catch a possible view of the whales’ on their journey, enjoy various free, fun-filled activities, like face painting, and games for kids, along with exhibits, food vendors and prizes. FREE
5. [10 a.m.] The Earth Day 2018 Community Festival comes to the Joint Administration Office in Whittier on April 14 to celebrate the majestic planet we call home. FREE
6. [10 a.m.] The Downtown Burbank Arts Festival returns for its 15th year April 14-15. This free two-day outdoor festival will feature 200 artists, famous Disney animators, interactive experiences, special appearances, and much more. FREE
7. [11 a.m.] Celebrate the art of monsters and movie magic during Monsterpalooza at The Pasadena Convention Center April 13-15. The monster fest will have over 250 exhibitors, screenings, panels and more.
8. [noon] There’s a Mobile Cat Cafe bringing adoptable kitties to locations throughout Los Angeles and Orange County. This weekend they’ll be in Brea. No reservations are required but access to the cafe costs $12. The price includes one pastry; one reusable coaster; and either a bottled water, cup of hot coffee, or bottle of cold brew.
9. [6:30 p.m.] To the Sea: Dance Concerts on the Pier is a free, three-evening dance event taking place on the Santa Monica Pier from April 13-15.
10. [8 p.m.] Picture This!, L.A.’s only live animated comedy show, is back with another free show at The Virgil in East Hollywood. During this show, see standup comics perform as talented animators, cartoonists and artists draw them live. FREE
DEAL OF THE DAY: Street Food Cinema at Expo Park (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.