You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Sunday, April 15, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [5:30 p.m.] UCB Training Center Presents: The Improvised Philip K. Dick at the UCBT Franklin
2. [7 p.m.] Hunnypot Live at The Mint.
3. [7:10 p.m.] Head to Dodger Stadium for Jackie Robinson Day. Children will get a chance to run the bases and the Boys in Blue will take on the Cincinnati Reds. (DISCOUNTED) via Goldstar
4. [7:30 p.m.] That’s Gold – A Free Comedy Show hosted by Karl Hess & Nick Rutherford at the Bootleg Theater.
5. [8:30 p.m.] Adam Pascal & Anthony Rapp (both original stars of Rent) perform an intimate unplugged concert at the Catalina Jazz Club.
6. [9 p.m.] Motown On Mondays • Hip-Hop / New Jack Swing Edition at The Short Stop.
7. [9 p.m.] The Business LA celebrates 10 years of making people LOL with their free comedy show at Little Joy. The show is known to feature some of the best local comics in town. FREE
8. [various] Rancho Santa Ana Botanic Garden located in Claremont welcomes Wildflower Week April 13 through April 21. The nine-day celebration of California’s wildflowers will feature annual displays of California poppies, baby-blue eyes, lupines and much more. In addition, there will be an art exhibition, cocktail parties, guided tram tours and more.
9. [various] Spa Week returns to Los Angeles April 15-21 for its biannual celebration dedicated to improving personal health by simplifying wellness. Every April and October for one week only, hundreds of spas and wellness locations across North America will offer two or three full-service treatments for just $50 each.
10. [various] If you need a little consolation for paying your taxes today, remember there are numerous L.A. bars where you can get $1 drinks just for today.
#SPONSORED DEAL: Get $23 tix to the Playboy Jazz Festival at the Hollywood Bowl
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar
The Best Things to do in L.A., straight to your inbox! Sign Up For Our Email List And You Receive...
- Two emails a week, Monday AM and Thursday AM.
- Monday: The best of the week ahead. 30+ ideas.
- Thursday: What to do this weekend. 30+ ideas.
- Occasional emails with special offers and messages from promotional parters.
- Optional emails for daily to-dos, travel tips, food recommendations, and deals.Basically, just think of us as your friend making some fun suggestions for what you might like to check out this day or week or month in L.A. Sign-up in the form below to join over 66,000 Angelenos who already subscribe!