You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Monday, April 16, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] The Museum of Failure has a new location on Hollywood and Highland with new exhibits and products that include Juicero, Facebook Gifts, RCA SelectaVision, Pets.com, and Google Wave. There’s also an entire section dedicated to Hollywood with some of the industry’s biggest fails. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
2. [10 a.m.] Step inside The Museum of Illusions in Hollywood and find yourself in a classic painting, part of a cartoon, part of current events, inside movies and much more. Highlights include watching the Titanic go down, “climbing” a sheer cliff and other eye popping visuals. Happening all week. (DISCOUNTED) via Goldstar.
4. [4 p.m.] Nintendo 64 Tournament (Super Smash Bros. & Mario Kart) at Arts District Brewing Co.
7. [6 p.m.] Every year, the J. Paul Getty Museum hosts a college night, where students can enjoy a variety of free tours, performances, and interactive activities. College Night 2018: City of Artists is this Monday, April 16 at the Getty Center from 6 to 9:30 p.m., offering both free admission and parking with a valid college ID. FREE
3. [7:30 p.m.] Cosmic Musings Lecture and Book Signing – The Ultimate Interplanetary Travel Guide at Griffith Observatory.
5. [8 p.m.] Dave Navarro & Billy Morrison present ABOVE GROUND at the Belasco.
6. [8:30 p.m.] If You Build It LA: A Stand-Up Comedy Show at UCB Sunset.
8. [9 p.m.] The Business LA is a free comedy show at Little Joy featuring some of the best local comics in town. FREE
9. [various] Spa Week returns to Los Angeles April 16-22 for its biannual celebration dedicated to improving personal health by simplifying wellness. Every April and October for one week only, hundreds of spas and wellness locations across North America will offer two or three full-service treatments for just $50 each.
10. [various] See dark tales focused on murder, mayhem, and femme fatales at the 20th Noir City: Hollywood Film Noir Festival at Egyptian Theatre in Hollywood from April 13-22.
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.