You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Thursday, April 19, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] In conjunction with The Music Center and LADWP, Grand Park is hosting an Earth Day celebration on April 19 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Learn about different clean and green solutions, enjoy performances, tours, plant giveaways and demonstrations of the latest in green technology. FREE
2. [noon] Art duo Dosshaus transforms the Corey Helford Gallery into a flop-house hotel from the 60’s made entirely of recycled cardboard hand painted to look like black & white illustrations. The exhibit houses hundreds of individual pieces including a “Paper-Thin Hotel” with several life size rooms. FREE
3. [4 p.m.] Third Thursdays on Brand Avenue in Glendale is a vibrant event featuring music, food, drinks, and artisanal goods, taking place outside of the Museum of Neon Art.
4. [5 p.m.] The Taste of the Valley, San Fernando’s largest wine tasting and food festival returns this Thursday with over 120 wineries, 45 restaurants and more.
5. [5 p.m.] The Pub at Golden Road will host Goat Yoga on The Lawn this Thursday where guests join in a one hour yoga session, sip on a GR beer after and meet and greet the yogi goats.
6. [7:40 p.m.] CalArts Soundstream 2018 at The Troubadour. FREE
7. [various] Free admission at: Japanese American National Museum (all day), MOCA Grand & MOCA Geffen (from 5 to 8 p.m.), Skirball Cultural Center (noon to 5 p.m.), Long Beach Museum of Art (3 to 8 p.m.), USC Pacific Asian Museum (5 to 8 p.m.) and Pasadena Museum of California Art (from 5 to 8 p.m.)
8. [various] Visit Virtual Room in Hollywood for a group VR adventure in which you’ll go back in time to ensure a better future.
9. [various] Spa Week returns to Los Angeles April 16-22 for its biannual celebration dedicated to improving personal health by simplifying wellness. Every April and October for one week only, hundreds of spas and wellness locations across North America will offer two or three full-service treatments for just $50 each.
10. [various] See dark tales focused on murder, mayhem, and femme fatales at the 20th Noir City: Hollywood Film Noir Festival at Egyptian Theatre in Hollywood from April 13-22.
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.