You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday, April 20, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [noon] Art duo Dosshaus transforms the Corey Helford Gallery into a flop-house hotel from the 60’s made entirely of recycled cardboard hand painted to look like black & white illustrations. The exhibit houses hundreds of individual pieces including a “Paper-Thin Hotel” with several life size rooms. FREE
2. [6 p.m.] The inaugural WhiskyX event will take place at the Barker Hangar at Santa Monica Airport and will feature a live concert from the band Dawes.
3. [7 p.m.] 420 Fest at The Wiltern featuring a 10th anniversary screening of Pineapple Express
4. [7 p.m.] The Music Center presents StarDust, a celebration of the late great David Bowie through performances by Complexions Contemporary Ballet. The tribute show running April 20 – 22 is part of the 15th season Dance at The Music Center and will feature many of the icons unforgettable hits and glam rock-inspired costumes.
5. [7:30 p.m.] The Eli and Edythe Broad Stage present Dance Theatre of Harlem for two nights (April 20-21) for a thrilling and eclectic program of neo-classical and contemporary ballet.
6. [8 p.m.] This Friday Caltech’s Stargazing and Lecture series returns to Pasadena for a night of outer worldly discussions and some stargazing. FREE
7. [8 p.m.] Pacific Opera Project (POP) presents a truly unique an immersive production of Mozart’s Don Giovanni, at The Vortex a large warehouse space in DTLA.
8. [various] The Magic Bus Experience comes to the Reef DTLA April 20-22 for an experience outside the norm. Experience a 60,000- square foot psychedelic wonderland made up of several whimsical environments inspired by marijuana culture just in time for 420. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
9. [various] Spa Week returns to Los Angeles April 16-22 for its biannual celebration dedicated to improving personal health by simplifying wellness. Every April and October for one week only, hundreds of spas and wellness locations across North America will offer two or three full-service treatments for just $50 each.
10. [various] See dark tales focused on murder, mayhem, and femme fatales at the 20th Noir City: Hollywood Film Noir Festival at Egyptian Theatre in Hollywood from April 13-22.
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.