You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Saturday, April 21, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] The 23rd annual Los Angeles Times Festival of Books returns to the University of Southern California April 21-22.
2. [11 a.m.] Renegade Craft Fair at Los Angele State Historic Park on April 21-22 will feature a curated roster of local and national makers and artists. Attendees can expect to browse and shop vintage treasures, unique art pieces, enjoy food trucks, DJ sets, cocktails and more. FREE
3. [11 a.m.] The Inaugural Little Tokyo Mini Open will be held at the Japanese American Cultural & Community Center (JACCC) April 21, 22, 28, and 29 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. The nine-hole mini golf course was designed by local artists who took inspiration from the past, present, an future of the neighborhood.
4. [2 p.m.] Broke LA, the homegrown music and arts festival is returning to The Regent in DTLA for another 2-day event featuring over 50 performers, a local marketplace and more. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
5. [2 & 7:30 p.m.] The Eli and Edythe Broad Stage present Dance Theatre of Harlem for two nights (April 20-21) for a thrilling and eclectic program of neo-classical and contemporary ballet.
6. [7 p.m.] The Music Center presents StarDust, a celebration of the late great David Bowie through performances by Complexions Contemporary Ballet. The tribute show running April 20 – 22 is part of the 15th season Dance at The Music Center and will feature many of the icons unforgettable hits and glam rock-inspired costumes.
7. [8 p.m.] Alamo Drafthouse and Rolling Roadshow will present a special screening of Titanic aboard the Queen Mary. Guests are also invited to take a self-guided tour of the Queen Mary before the show.
8. [various] The Magic Bus Experience comes to the Reef DTLA April 20-22 for an experience outside the norm. Experience a 60,000- square foot psychedelic wonderland made up of several whimsical environments inspired by marijuana culture just in time for 420. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
9. [various] Record Store Day returns on April 21 for another celebration of the legacy of brick-and-mortar record stores and the special role they play in their communities. Dozens of Los Angeles stores will participate.
10. [various] The 21st Annual Monterey Park Cherry Blossom Festival comes to Monterey Park’s Barnes Park on April 21-22 for an exciting cultural arts event incorporating learning, entertainment, and fun for all ages. FREE
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.