You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in.
So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Saturday, April 22, 2017.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] Los Angeles March for Science falls on Earth Day (April 22) From 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Marchers will gather at Pershing Square to celebrate science and urge environmental, as well as human rights protection.
2. [9 a.m.] Celebrate Earth Day with nature-filled events at Descanso Gardens! On April 22 and 23, guests at this beautiful garden in La Cañada Flintridge will be treated to springtime programs focused on flowers, garden plants and a blingy trunk show.
3. [10 a.m.] The newly renovated Los Angeles State Historic Park is having a grand reopening celebration this weekend featuring music, performances, family-friendly activities and food trucks. Starts on 10 a.m. on Saturday.
4. [10 a.m.] The annual L.A. Times Festival of Books returns to USC (April 22-23) for a two-day festival featuring live readings from authors, cooking demonstrations, intimate conversations and forward-thinking panels on U.S.C.’s campus. FREE
5. [10 a.m.] Come celebrate Earth Day in Exposition Park during LASAN LA Sanitation’s earth-friendly day of fun! More than 50 exhibitors will be on hand with exhibits both educational and fun that will teach the whole family about sustainability and environmental awareness. FREE
6. [11 a.m.] Come enjoy a lively celebration of art and community in Santa Monica at the Bergamot Station Spring Fling. At this internationally renowned arts complex’s family-friendly event, you can check out more than 25 art exhibitions, listen to live music, shop from local vendors and grab a bite from local eateries.
7. [11 a.m.] Monterey Park Cherry Blossom Festival comes to Barnes Park April 22-23 for an arts event with entertainment, learning, and fun in honor of the Japanese American culture. FREE
8. [noon] Celebrate Earth Day weekend with Renew- Reuse, Recycle, Restyle at Angel City Brewery. This annual bazaar features live music, a clothing drive, photo booth, food, and more. This year’s event is being produced in collaboration with Society of St. Vincent de Paul Los Angeles.
9. [2 p.m.] Celebrate the Ultimate Throwback with the 12th Annual Freestyle Festival in Long Beach.
10. [various] The 10th annual Record Store Day is filled with loads of local events. Stop by your local record store to buy special limited-edition vinyl and other releases, and for a chance to meet, see, and hear your favorite artists. There will also be cook-outs, body painting, parades and more!
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.