You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Thursday, April 25, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9:30 a.m.]The Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County welcomes the traveling exhibition Antarctic Dinosaurs to Southern California from April 3, 2019 through January 5, 2020.
2. [10 a.m.] 260LA will host a Racheal Zoe sample sale from April 23-28 in their Beverly Hills location.
3. [10 a.m.] Museum of Illusions has recently launched a brand new experience. Guests can walk through eye popping 3D exhibits inspired by cartoons, art, current events, pop culture and more. The museum is open daily.
4. [6 p.m.] Chef Neal Fraser of Redbird hosts and the second annual “Full Circle” Dinner to directly benefit Culinary Arts Program (C-CAP). An all-star team of celebrity chef including Josiah Citrin, Antonia Lofaso, Nicole Rucker will cook a spectacular dinner and guests can also partake in a live auction and cocktail reception.
5. [6 p.m.] Amoeba Music in Hollywood welcomes Local Natives for a signing and performance of their new album, Violet Street.
6. [7 p.m.] Rock on Film Presents Purple Rain at The Wiltern the screening will be followed by a party with Prince tunes spun by a DJ, Prince themed cocktails and more.
7. [8 p.m.] Cirque du Soleil’s AMALUNA heads to the L.A. Waterfront in San Pedro for a magical evening that takes the audience through a journey loosely based on Shakespeare’s The Tempest.
8. [8:30 p.m.] Salty AF at Two Bit Circus.
9. [various] Free admission at: Japanese American National Museum (from 5 to 8 p.m.), MOCA Grand & MOCA Geffen (from 5 to 8 p.m.), Skirball Cultural Center (noon to 5 p.m.), and USC Pacific Asian Museum (5 to 8 p.m.)
10. [various] The Pasadena Showcase House of Design will take place at the Boddy House on the grounds of Descanso Gardens in La Cañada Flintridge from April 21 through May 19.
#SPONSORED DEAL: Get $10 tix to the Gluten Free Expo at Pasadena Convention Center (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar