You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Saturday, April 27, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] Jackalope Pasadena: Spring 2019 comes to Central Park in Old Pasadena April 27 – 28 for an expansive indie artisan art fair. Shoppers can browse indie goods from over 200 makers from clothing, jewelry, houseware, food, and more.
2. [10 a.m.] L.A. Sanitation hosts its 4th annual Earth Day celebration at Woodley Park in Van Nuys. The earth-friendly afternoon is fun for the whole family with highlights that include over 50 educational exhibits about sustainability, free food and beverages, live performances, a kids zone and much more. FREE
3. [10 a.m.] Sip tea and enjoy the ocean breeze when Tea by the Sea at the Point Fermin Lighthouse garden in San Pedro returns on April 27. Highlights include tea and refreshments, garden tours, craft booths, self guided lighthouse tours, and more. FREE
4. [11 a.m.] Grand Park’s “Our L.A. Voices” takes over for a weekend-long spring arts gathering on April 27 – 28 that showcases diverse and important artistic work from Los Angeles county. This free festival features both visual arts exhibits, as well as dance, musical, and theatrical performances. This year’s theme is “Origin Stories”, and explores and questions Los Angeles perspectives and culture. FREE
5. [11 a.m.] PHOTOVILLE LA happening at Annenberg Space for Photography in Century City April 26 – 28 is a photographic festival experience featuring exhibitions of local and international photographers work inside and projected onto repurposed shipping containers, photo cubes and lightboxes. Outside of the art, attendees can also enjoy talks, workshops, family-friendly activities, a beer garden, as well as Smorgasburg selected food vendors. FREE
6. [11 p.m.] MLB FoodFest comes to Los Angeles for the first time on April 26 – 28. Angelenos can dine on an array of food from the MLB world including Mariners Toasted Grasshoppers, the D-Backs Churro Dogs, Fish and Chips with Mushy Peas from London, the Japanese Curry from Tokyo, and many more.
7. [2 p.m.] The Eclectic, a free music festival and art walk, returns for its 11th year along the streets of South Pasadena for an afternoon of entertainment on outdoor stages, along with local venues, and multiple musical performances. FREE
8. [5:30 p.m.]Street Food Cinema returns with its first event of 2019, a screening of 500 Days of Summer at L.A. State Historic Park. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. (DISCOUNTED) via Goldstar
9. [6 p.m.] Simply diVine 2019 takes over the Hollywood Forever Cemetery for a premier food and wine affair that celebrates and honors LGBT people. Enjoy bites of delicious food and drink from Los Angeles’ most popular eateries, wineries, distilleries, breweries and more.
8. [8 p.m.] Ford Theatres presents The Spring Quartet as part of IGNITE @ the FORD!, a series comprised of world-renowned contemporary artists who produce thought-provoking work that reflects the world we currently live in. The Spring Quartet includes GRAMMY® Award-winner, drummer and composer Jack DeJohnette and GRAMMY® Award-winning saxophonist Joe Lovano.
GIVEAWAY NOTICE: We’re giving away two tickets to an upcoming performance of Tom Gun LIVE at Catch One, Los Angeles. Entry is as easy as a comment on THIS Instagram post. Check it out!
#SPONSORED DEAL: Get $68 tix to the 14th Annual Freestyle Festival at The Microsoft Theatre (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar