You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday, April 26, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] On the last Friday of each month the California Market Center hosts a public sample sale with hundreds of showrooms offering men, women and children fashion as well as gift and home items at below-retail prices.
2. [10 a.m.] Museum of Illusions has recently launched a brand new experience. Guests can walk through eye popping 3D exhibits inspired by cartoons, art, current events, pop culture and more. The museum is open daily.
3. [11 a.m.] PHOTOVILLE LA happening at Annenberg Space for Photography in Century City April 26 – 28 is a photographic festival experience featuring exhibitions of local and international photographers work inside and projected onto repurposed shipping containers, photo cubes and lightboxes. Outside of the art, attendees can also enjoy talks, workshops, family-friendly activities, a beer garden, as well as Smorgasburg selected food vendors. FREE
4. [11 p.m.] MLB FoodFest comes to Los Angeles for the first time on April 26 – 28. Angelenos can dine on an array of food from the MLB world including Mariners Toasted Grasshoppers, the D-Backs Churro Dogs, Fish and Chips with Mushy Peas from London, the Japanese Curry from Tokyo, and many more.
5. [4 p.m.] The Greens at the Rose Bowl (the grounds surrounding the stadium) hosts Final Fridays a family friendly event happening on the last Friday (4-8 p.m.) of every month where food trucks, life-size games, stadium tours and so more are offered.
6. [6 p.m.] Get up close and personal with sharks at the Aquarium of the Pacific during Shark Lagoon Nights. Guests will have the opportunity to touch bamboo sharks and view large sharks in an after hours setting. FREE
7. [6 p.m.] 4th Fridays on 4th Street activates the “Retro Road” business district in Long Beach on the fourth Friday of every month from 6 to 10 p.m. through extended hours, dining specials, discounted merchandise, pop up shops, art shows, live music, double decker bus rides and more.
8. [6 p.m.] Los Angeles County Museum of Art hosts free jazz performances on Fridays through November. Concerts take place at the main entrance. FREE
9. [various] The NoMad Los Angeles recently launched a new food series titled ‘For A Limited Time Only‘ transforming the hotel’s coffee shop into a variety of themed pop-ups every Friday and Saturday evening. The first iteration, Mamma Guidara’s, takes inspiration from NoMad New York’s dinner series of the same name, which itself is inspired by old-school Italian-American red sauce restaurants.
10. [various] The Pasadena Showcase House of Design will take place at the Boddy House on the grounds of Descanso Gardens in La Cañada Flintridge from April 21 through May 19.
#SPONSORED DEAL: Get $10 tix to the Gluten Free Expo at Pasadena Convention Center (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar