You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in.
So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday, April 28, 2017.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [4 p.m.] April is National Poetry Month and Metro Art Presents legendary L.A. poet and word musician Kamau Daáood and a program of performances by special guest poets, accompanied by musicians at Union Station. FREE
2. [5 p.m.] Redondo Beach’s Springfest returns for four days (April 27-30) of carnival and community fun at Aviation Park. Springfest is a long-standing tradition going for 30 years, it’s a family-friendly event featuring pony rides, a petting zoo, carnival rides for all ages, food trucks, a food court, live entertainment and DJs. FREE
3. [6 p.m.] LACMA’s award winning Department of Music Program provides hundreds of free concerts and musical events every year for Angelenos to enjoy. This Friday their jazz series continues at the BP Grand Entrance.
4. [7:30 p.m.] WERD: A Live Magazine Show at the Ace Hotel Theatre is bringing a night of discussions, jam sessions, and activism featuring Jane’s Addiction front man Perry Farrell and artist Shepard Fairey in conversation together, an exclusive interview with Garbage frontwoman Shirley Manson and a rare appearance by Doors drummer John Densmore. Some discount tickets available while supplies last! DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
5. [7:30 p.m.] This Friday evening American Cinematheque offers a tribute to actor Bill Paxton with a double-feature of A Simple Plan and One False Move playing t the Aero Theater in Santa Monica. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
6. [7:30 p.m.] Every Friday in April Greenbar Distillery in Downtown Los Angeles will host cocktail classes featuring seasonal and themed drinks. This week’s theme is a City Series: PISCO
7. [8 p.m.] The Last Book Review returns to The Last Bookstore in Downtown Los Angeles. Join host Ever Mainard and five comedians as they tell their own personal, funny and often awkward story on stage. The last comedian will then take the audience through a book review. FREE
8. [8 p.m.] Rhythms + Visions / Expanded + Live 3 at USC School of Cinematic Arts. FREE
9. [8 p.m.] The Family Crest at Bootleg Theatre.
10. [various] The 1st Annual L.A. Get Down Festival will celebrate hip hop and spoken word from April 18-30. Presented by Greenway Arts Alliance and Da Poetry Lounge the events will include legendary writers, poets, musical performances and leading workshops celebrating diversity. Happening throughout the week.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $39.50 to see Queen + Adam Lambert at Hollywood Bowl (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.