You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in.
So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Tuesday, April 4, 2017.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [5 p.m.] Mastodon celebrates their new album, Emperor Of Sand with a live performance at Amoeba Hollywood!
2. [7 p.m.] The Lincoln presents “For the Record,” a weekly series where guests bring in their own vinyl for a unique DJ set from 7 p.m. to 2 a.m. This week’s theme is 80’s/ Classic Rock Vinyl with DJ HOE. FREE
3. [8 p.m.] The Moth storytelling competition at Los Globos.
4. [8 p.m.] Ahmanson Theatre presents the much beloved Tony Award-winning Stephen Sondheim musical Into the Woods. The new rival of the classic will be performed by the acclaimed Fiasco Theater production. Happening throughout the week. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
5. [8 p.m.] The Hammer Museum, in conjunction with UCLA Film & Television Archive, is hosting a FREE screening of Nineteen Eighty-Four as part of a one-day, nationwide cinematic effort to convey awareness of the dangers of oppressive governments. FREE
6. [8 p.m. ] Put Your Hands Together with Cameron Esposito and Rhea Butcher at UCB Franklin.
7. [9 p.m.] Emo Note LA at Echoplex
8. [various] Grab a free ice cream cone this Tuesday during Ben & Jerry’s Free Cone Day a worldwide celebration. FREE
9. [various] Paul & Joe Sister is having a sample sale with prices starting from $20 in Beverly Hills.
10. [various] Free admission days this Tuesday for: Kidspace Children’s Museum (from 4 to 8 p.m.), Natural History Museum and Page Museum at La Brea Tar Pits.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $11 tix for The Late Breakfast, a musical parody of The Breakfast Club (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.