You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Thursday, April 4, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9:30 a.m.] The Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County welcomes the traveling exhibition Antarctic Dinosaurs to Southern California from April 3, 2019 through January 5, 2020.
2. [12:15 p.m.] Grand Park hosts spring concerts featuring L.A.’s youth artist every Thursday (until May 10) at 12:15 pm. FREE
3. [4 p.m.] Mr. Goodboy brings their handbuilt record cart to the Mezzanine in Best Girl. This ‘traveling vinyl pop-up store’ features a selection of handpicked vinyl by some of the best record shops on the planet.
4. [4 p.m.] Join tea experts at OneTea and chocolate experts Dandelion Chocolate for a pairing of small-batch, single origin tea and chocolate.
5. [5 p.m.] Amoeba Hollywood welcomes The Drums for a signing and free performance to promote their latest album Brutalism.
6. [6 p.m.] Head to Downtown San Pedro for First Thursday Art Walk featuring street vendors, food trucks and after hours at art galleries in the Artist District. FREE
7. [various] If Halloween and horror movies are your favorite topics then I Like Scary Movies Experience will be just what you’re looking for. Guests can expect to see, hear, feel, and smell recreations of iconic moments from IT (2017), Beetlejuice, The Shining, The Lost Boys, and A Nightmare on Elm Street. There won’t be costumed actors jumping out trying to startle but there will be multi-sensory surprises along your winding path. The pop up experience runs April 4 through June 16.
8. [6 p.m.] Chinatown After Dark going down at Far East Plaza happens every first Thursday of the month and is a testing ground for chefs in our city as well as a place to enjoy local music.
9. [various] Free admission at: MOCA Grand & MOCA Geffen (5 to 8 p.m.), Skirball Cultural Center (noon to 5 p.m.), Japanese American National Museum (5 to 8 p.m.) and Long Beach Museum of Art (3 to 8 p.m.).
10. [various] The 21st Annual NOIR CITY: HOLLYWOOD film festival returns to the Egyptian Theatre in Hollywood for 10 nights (March 29-April 7) featuring films from this exciting artistic era.
#SPONSORED DEAL: Get $8 tix to Eat|See|Hear in Chinatown
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar