You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Monday, April 8, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [6:30 p.m.] Volunteer Orientation for Heal the Bay.
2. [7 p.m.] Jazz Night: USC Thornton Concert Jazz Orchestra
3. [8 p.m.] Rooftop Cinema Club screens Pulp Fiction at NeueHouse in Hollywood.
4. [8 p.m.] It’s Weirdo Night at Zebulon this Monday with performances by Dynasty Handbag, Cole Escola, video by Maria Bamford, Marawa The Amazing, Amanda Verwey and more.
5. [8 p.m.] Write Club Los Angeles at the Bootleg Theater.
6. [8:30 p.m.] Melrose Rooftop Theatre at E.P. & L.P. in West Hollywood hosts a screening of Crazy Rich Asians.
7. [8:30 p.m.] Low Hum Monday Night Residency at The Echo.
8. [9:30 p.m.] The Mermaid Comedy Hour returns to the Hollywood Improv with a fierce lineup that includes Subhah Agarwal, Kiran Deol and more.
9. [various.] Unconventional Japanese robatayaki INKO NITO located in DTLA welcomes sister-concept, Zuma for a special menu of dishe including Wagyu Beef Sushi with black truffle and daikon; Toro and Caviar Maki Rolls; Santa Barbara Sea Urchin Miso Buns and more. The menu is available until April 11, 2019.
10. [various] Take a trip to visit the observation deck at Los Angeles City Hall. FREE
#SPONSORED DEAL: Get $23 tix to the Playboy Jazz Festival at the Hollywood Bowl
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar