You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Sunday, April 7, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [11 a.m.] The Brewery Artwalk and Open Studios returns to Brewery Artist Lofts April 6-7 for its bi-annual open studio exhibit at the world’s largest art complex. Gathering over 100 participating resident artists, attendees can check out new works, meet artists, and buy artwork. FREE
2. [11 a.m.] Greater Toluca Lake Neighborhood Council (GTLNC) is hosting its 8th Annual Earth Day Celebration, featuring Taste of Toluca. Over 40 booths offering green living products, information and services will be on hand. Concurrently, Taste of Toluca will offer complimentary small plates from a wide variety of local purveyors. There will also be a kids’ activity corner, live music and entertainment on the center stage throughout the day. FREE
3. [11 a.m.] The 6th annual Montrose Craft Beer Fest showcases brewers and breweries from the Los Angeles area. Guests can enjoy beers paired with delicious food samples, various booths, lawn games, music and more.
4. [11 a.m.] Renegade Craft Los Angeles takes over the Los Angeles State Historic Park April 6 – 7 with a massive spring marketplace. The fair features over 200 local and national makers and designers. FREE
5. [11 a.m.] Foodie Con returns to the Magic Box at the Reef April 6 and 7 for another year of shopping, panels, demos and delicious experiences with local food artisans. The event also features a silent disco and beer, wine and spirit samplings. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
6. [11 a.m.] The Bowers Museum in Santa Ana is hosting a Cherry Blossom Festival with live entertainment and fun activities celebrating the spring bloom.
7. [noon] DTLA First Sundays is a community brunch meet-up that’s being going strong for five years. This Sunday they’ll host a five-year anniversary celebration at Imperial Western Beer Company featureing the usual fun vibes and jams, along with a special oyster eating contest.
8. [noon] The second annual Wags & Walks Healthy Pets & People Wellness Fair returns for a fun day featuring chair massages, photo booth, health & wellness vendors for dogs and humans, giveaways and dog adoptions. FREE
9. [3 p.m.] The fourth annual Masters of Taste returns to the field of Pasadena’s historic Rose Bowl on Sunday for food samplings from over 40 Culinary Masters and restaurants. All proceeds from the event go to Union Station Homeless Services. Use promo code WELIKELA19 for $15 off!
10. [various] If Halloween and horror movies are your favorite topics then I Like Scary Movies Experience will be just what you’re looking for. Guests can expect to see, hear, feel, and smell recreations of iconic moments from IT (2017), Beetlejuice, The Shining, The Lost Boys, and A Nightmare on Elm Street. There won’t be costumed actors jumping out trying to startle but there will be multi-sensory surprises along your winding path. The pop up experience runs April 4 through June 16 Thursday through Sunday.
#SPONSORED DEAL: Get $23 tix to the Playboy Jazz Festival at the Hollywood Bowl
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar