You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Saturday, April 6, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] There’s a meditation walk at White Point Nature Preserve in San Pedro this Saturday morning. The walk begins at 9 a.m. and runs 50 to 75 minutes.
2. [10 a.m.] City of STEM comes to the Columbia Memorial Space Center to launch the largest science program in Los Angeles. The event features free STEM activities and special guests, planetarium shows, VR experiences, mobile labs and museums, robot soccer, engineering workshops, live entertainment and the list goes on. FREE
3. [11 a.m.] Huntington Library is hosting Shakespeare Day an afternoon honoring the Bard in the gardens. The event features family-friendly performances and interactive fun with members of LA Opera, A Noise Within, the Independent Shakespeare Company, and the Guild of St. George.
4. [11 a.m.] The Brewery Artwalk and Open Studios returns to Brewery Artist Lofts April 6-7 for its bi-annual open studio exhibit at the world’s largest art complex. Gathering over 100 participating resident artists, attendees can check out new works, meet artists, and buy artwork. FREE
5. [11 a.m.] Corgi Beach Day (also known as “Corgchella”) comes to Huntington Dog Beach on Saturday for fun in the sun with hundreds of adorable pups. All dogs and humans are welcome on this beach day and vendors, food trucks, costume contests and more will keep the party going. FREE
6. [11 a.m.] Renegade Craft Los Angeles takes over the Los Angeles State Historic Park April 6 – 7 with a massive spring marketplace. The fair features over 200 local and national makers and designers. FREE
7. [11 a.m.] Foodie Con returns to the Magic Box at the Reef April 6 and 7 for another year of shopping, panels, demos and delicious experiences with local food artisans. The event also features a silent disco and beer, wine and spirit samplings. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
8. [noon] The 11th Annual L.A. Beer Fest returns to Los Angeles Center Studios in Downtown L.A. for a refreshing afternoon showcasing dozens of international and domestic beers.
9. [4 p.m.] Jazz Tracks comes to Union Station to honor Jazz History Month. Metro Art will partner with KJazz 88.1 FM for a special evening of live jazz with an array of talented artists, headlined by acclaimed jazz trumpeter Christian Scott. FREE
10. [various] If Halloween and horror movies are your favorite topics then I Like Scary Movies Experience will be just what you’re looking for. Guests can expect to see, hear, feel, and smell recreations of iconic moments from IT (2017), Beetlejuice, The Shining, The Lost Boys, and A Nightmare on Elm Street. There won’t be costumed actors jumping out trying to startle but there will be multi-sensory surprises along your winding path. The pop up experience runs April 4 through June 16.
#SPONSORED DEAL: Get $23 tix to the Playboy Jazz Festival at the Hollywood Bowl
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar