You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in.
So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Thursday, May 11, 2017.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [2 p.m.] Experience the food and culture of East Hollywood’s ethnic neighborhoods through a four hour foodie tour. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
2. [5 p.m.] 1st Annual Los Angeles Times Night Market (May 10-14) will take over Grand Park with a free, all ages event where visitors pay al a carte as they dine. Expect 50 food booths from LA’s favorite restaurants, bars to food trucks. FREE
3. [7 p.m.] The L.A. Zoo is celebrating their 50th anniversary with a sustainable wine and dinner series. Each event will include a five-course farm-to-table dinner accompanied by wine from local vineyards. There will also be a zoo walk-through with education and entertainment highlights, along with up-close animal encounters. On May 11 Palumbo Wines from Temecula will be the featured winery.
4. [5:30 p.m.] L.A. Urban Adventures invites you to relive Old Hollywood by taking a stroll down the Hollywood Walk of Fame while stopping to hear stories about historic spots, sample drinks made famous during the Golden Age and try out local street food. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
5. [6 p.m.] The monthly Los Angeles Downtown Art Walk May 2017 edition features a special dedication to independent Los Angeles publications and zine, including work by Lawrence Lindell Studios, Chrysopoeia, Asymmetric Magazine, Roustan Bodypaint, Genevieve Munroe Co., Annie Nishida, PopOok!!, BOOMCAT, Plant Bunnies, and more. FREE
6. [7:30 p.m.] Intersectional Activism in the Age of Trump: Kimberlé Crenshaw and Eve Ensler at The Hammer. FREE
7. [7:30] Oracle Film Series: She Puppet + Demonlover at The Broad.
8. [8 p.m.] Nerd Nite Los Angeles at Busby’s East.
9. [8 p.m.] Magic Wands and Geneva Jacuzzi at Hi Hat.
10. [various] Free admission days this Thursday for: Japanese American National Museum (from 5 to 8 p.m.), MOCA Grand & MOCA Geffen (from 5 to 8 p.m.), Skirball Cultural Center and Long Beach Museum of Art (3 to 8 p.m.).
DEAL OF THE DAY: $49 to see The Book of Mormon at The Pantages (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.