You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in.
So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday, May 12, 2017.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [5 p.m.] 1st Annual Los Angeles Times Night Market (May 10-14) will take over Grand Park with a free, all ages event where visitors pay al a carte as they dine. Expect 50 food booths from LA’s favorite restaurants, bars to food trucks. FREE
2. [6 p.m.] On Friday, experience the work of Paul Simon like never before. Hosted at the Skirball Cultural Center, this free event gives guests an opportunity to enjoy the Paul Simon: Words & Music exhibition at night. FREE
3. [6 p.m.] Come raise a glass at the Constitution Happy Hour at AMMO at The Hammer Museum. The happy hour will consist of a guided conversation, led by a legal expert, about the United States Constitution and its importance in our democracy. $5 will get you a draft beer or a select wine during AMMO’s happy hour.
4. [8 p.m.] Los Angeles Lovers, an eclectic evening focusing on some of Los Angeles’ quintessentially L.A. personalities, takes place at the Bob Baker Marionette Theater on Friday. The evening is hosted by Angelyne, one of L.A.’s most iconic figures!
5. [8 p.m.] For one night only, radio, podcast and talk show fans will get a chance to see, hear and meet some of their favorite hosts during Radiotopia Live at the Ace Hotel in Downtown Los Angeles.
6. [8:30 p.m.] Downtown Los Angeles’ Union Station is playing host to a new film series this spring called Sci-Fi At Union Station. Catch an iconic science fiction movie partially set in the City of Angels.! The series concludes with the screening of Them!. FREE
7. [9 p.m.] Feminist Friday ft. Honey Power Club DJs at Resident. FREE
8. [9 p.m.] Girls Love Beyoncé tribute dance party.
9. [10 p.m.] The Groundlings: The Completely Different Late Show is a hilarious improv show by the cast of the Groundlings’ Main Company. Audience shout suggestions throughout the night for improvisational scenes performed by some of the best in the business. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
10. [various] Today is National Public Gardens Day! Celebrate by visiting one of the most beautiful botanical gardens in Los Angeles.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $8.50 tix for Great Horror Movie Nights at the Griffith Park Old Zoo (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.