You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Sunday, May 13, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] RuPaul’s DragCon is three days of art, pop culture and all things drag. Hosted at the Los Angeles Convention Center, visitors can check out vendors, panel discussions, screenings, photo ops with drag stars, lip sync contests, make-up and styling workshops for both men and women.
2. [10 a.m.] Echo Park Craft Fair’s Spring Edition at Mack Sennett Studios (May 11-13) features over 120 artists with various ceramic, jewelry, clothing, woodworking and textile design booths.
3. [10 a.m.] Speak Easy Yoga at Hotel Indigo in DTLA takes place on Sundays through the end of May where guests will flow through yoga with music from the 1920s.
4. [10 a.m.] The Unique LA Spring Market 2018 returns to the California Market Center on May 12-13 for two afternoons of shopping with over 250 independent designers, artists, and emerging brands.
5. [noon] Take free dance lessons with Debbie Allen, the famed actress/dancer/choreographer, the second Sunday of every month at at The Wallis in Beverly Hills. FREE
6. [noon] A Tutta Pizza!, a festival dedicated to pizza will feature pizza makers, workshops, cooking demos, “deep dish” conversations, and a lively panel discussion
7. [noon] Mother’s Day Family Fest at Boomtown Brewery.
8. [7 p.m.] The Autry will host Latin Dance Sunday with music from Cal State LA’s award-winning Afro Latin Ensemble. There will be a bar and light refreshments served, select galleries will also remain open for the event.
10. [various] 17 Great Spots for Mother’s Day Brunch in Los Angeles.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $32.50 tix to see Paul Simon at the Hollywood Bowl (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.