You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday, May 17, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] The Pasadena Showcase House of Design will take place at the Boddy House on the grounds of Descanso Gardens in La Cañada Flintridge from April 21 through May 19.
2. [5 p.m.] Monrovia Days 2019 takes place May 17-19. The community fair will feature games, rides, food, vendors, a parade, live entertainment, and more to celebrate the city’s birthday. FREE
3. [6 p.m.] Odd Nights At The Autry feature a collection of vendors, gourmet food trucks, children activities, guest DJ’s, a full bar and access to The Autry Gallery until 9 p.m. Happening every third Friday of the month until October 2019. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED(via Goldstar)
4. [6 p.m.] Get up close and personal with sharks at the Aquarium of the Pacific during Shark Lagoon Nights. Guests will have the opportunity to touch bamboo sharks and view large sharks in an after hours setting. FREE
5. [7:30 p.m.] Pop-Up Magazine’s Spring Show, a live-magazine created for stage and screen performed in-front of a live-audience takes over the Theatre at the Ace Hotel this Friday.
6. [8 p.m.] Disney’s The Little Mermaid will transform the iconic Hollywood Bowl into an “under the sea” wonderland on May 17 and 18 for an immersive live-to-film concert experience. The audience will enjoy the film broadcasted on the Bowl’s movie screen while a star studded cast performs live with an orchestra. Check for discounted tickets before your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
7. [8 p.m.] Movie Under The Guns is a free movie night aboard the Battleship Iowa in San Pedro. This week they’ll screen SGT. Stubby. FREE
8. [9 p.m.] Yacht Rock Revue, a tribute to light 70’s rock at the Fonda Theatre.
9. [midnight] Pet Sematary 30th Anniversary midnight screening at Los Feliz 3.
10. [various] If Halloween and horror movies are your favorite topics then I Like Scary Movies Experience will be just what you’re looking for. Guests can expect to see, hear, feel, and smell recreations of iconic moments from IT (2017), Beetlejuice, The Shining, The Lost Boys, and A Nightmare on Elm Street. There won’t be costumed actors jumping out trying to startle but there will be multi-sensory surprises along your winding path. The pop-up experience runs April 4 through June 16 Thursday through Sunday. Check for discounted tickets before your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
#SPONSORED DEAL: $7 tix to the Original Lobster Festival (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar